Looking for injector upgrade over the paxton novi 1000 injectors

DeltaDetrix

Nov 16, 2022
Indiana
I bought a 2002 GT with a paxton novi 1000 on it and im pretty sure based off my googling its got the: Lucas USA - Marine, 38#hr - 400cc/min, 12 ohms injectors based off the EV1 look and the part number on them “D1163BA.” but i want to see if anyone knows a decent upgrade to ev6 or ev14 that wouldn’t require a retune. What i want is the better MPG and atomization that comes with the more modern injectors over the less efficient single pintle style. I can post pictures of them if needed

• Sponsors (?)

So what you're saying is that you currently have injectors in your car that were designed for boats??????

You can start by buying injectors designed for cars :scratch:

So what you're saying is that you currently have injectors in your car that were designed for boats??????

You can start by buying injectors designed for cars :scratch:
exactly my point lol, i heard these are what paxton supplied with their kits but the can’t verify that, the car already had them on it when i bought it. im hoping someone here knows a good replacement CAR injector preferably a 4 hole pintle i cant find a match anywhere :doh:

Last edited:
Not exactly. If you're running an upgraded MAF, the readings from the MAF will allow the ECU to automatically calculate the proper AF ratio. I once swapped from 42lb to 60lb injectors with absolutely to changes to the tune and did not experience a single problem