Roush Looking for original Owner of S351 #75

• Sponsors (?)

I am the third owner of S351 #75 and since owning it the past year and a half, I have a couple questions for the original owner. If you are out there please help me with the few questions I have. Thanks Tawnya

Saleen Book lists the previous two owners for 95-075 S-351...

Original: Herbert Malm Jr. of New Mexico
Second: Jeff Stephens of New York

Thanks for the response. The last time he registered the car was in CA. I am not much of a detective and not sure how to track someone down. I guess my female skills are lacking. Hoping he is still into Saleens and reads these forums.

Tawnya,

Google is your friend. I would advise you to Google

"Herbert Malm Jr." New Mexico

and

"Jeff Stephens" New York

Just like that with their names in quotes. That is the best way to try to find someone. Unfortunately, most original or 2nd owners of S351 Mustangs were not real Saleen enthusiasts like you find here on the forums. The reason being these cars were so pricey brand new back then they were mostly purchased by collectors who don't even know how to operate a computer. It's the truth.

The true enthusiasts that frequent these forums usually have to wait 10 years or so for the price of the cars to come down to our level. You never know though. There may be someone here that knew or knows one of those guys.

Good luck

Thanks for the response. The last time he registered the car was in CA. I am not much of a detective and not sure how to track someone down. I guess my female skills are lacking. Hoping he is still into Saleens and reads these forums.

Are you able to get in contact with the previous owner? Maybe he might have some sort of contact information from the original owner. Did you purchase directly from Jeff Stephens?

I did a Google search as well as a white pages search. Malm isn't all that common of a name and did find a Herbert Malm in Albuquerque, New Mexico, but no number listed. Approximate age listed as 80. Did a nation-wide search on white pages.com and found 8 with a few in California with phone numbers.

Also, since you have the VIN, you might be able to request contact information through NM or CA DMV for previous owners? Not sure if Carfax does it, but you might want to see the history of the car through them and they'll let you know where it was originally registered and any other relevant information that might help.

Just some ideas for you to consider...good luck! :nice:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have contacted the second owner to ask he the questions I have. He did not know the answers, nor the previous owners number. However, he had mentioned when he sold me the car the first owner had contacted him with an offer. So this leads me to believe he is still a Saleen lover. I will continue my search as time permits since my questions are only important to me. Once again guys thanks for your advice.