Box behind Walmart
Part info first.

What can anybody tell me about this:
D1AZ-9424-C

The Project:

Ford F-100 Pickup

Donor 89 Mustang 302 Roller

T-45

and this: https://www.holley.com/products/fue...el_systems/sniper_efi_2300_2bbl/parts/550-854

No new heads or anything fancy. This is Cars and Coffee truck.

I'm steering him toward swapping the distributor, installing a 2 bbl intake, the Holley Sniper and driving on! :rock:

What am I missing or what would be [better] without tearing the the whole thing apart for H/C/I. etc.?

• Sponsors (?)

Cars and coffee? Cheapo 4 bbl intake, vacuum secondaries 600 cfm of your flavor, MSd or the like dizzy, MAD 6AL, good Holley blue pump or the like and move on.

I would say that's probably a 351 intake rather than a 302 owing to the 351 firing order cast into it. Looks a little wide as well, but it's kind of tough to just eyeball it.

Reactions: 1 user
I would say that's probably a 351 intake rather than a 302 owing to the 351 firing order cast into it. Looks a little wide as well, but it's kind of tough to just eyeball it.
I think you're right.

Cars and coffee? Cheapo 4 bbl intake, vacuum secondaries 600 cfm of your flavor, MSd or the like dizzy, MAD 6AL, good Holley blue pump or the like and move on.
You are too but we really wanted to use the Sniper. :(

It's already wired into the truck and ran the inline-6 that just came out.

Last edited:
I understand its the parts on hand but they can be sold and others bought. Just threw out there what I would do to get the most out of the donor engine and make it reliable for little to no money. Regardless it will be a cool toy. I have a '70 F100 SWB but I have gone the route of resto mod so my brains heads that way every time.

I understand its the parts on hand but they can be sold and others bought. Just threw out there what I would do to get the most out of the donor engine and make it reliable for little to no money. Regardless it will be a cool toy. I have a '70 F100 SWB but I have gone the route of resto mod so my brains heads that way every time.

Still kicking around what's going to happen next. Pretty sure the carb route is the way to go.

The distributor for this setup is big $$$. I think he's going with the Holley that has all the ignition guts in it already and a vacuum advance.