Looking for Wiring Kit Recommendations

Ferf

Dec 6, 2002
I am about to start the process of rewiring my '65 Mustang. I am looking to rewire the entire car. What recommendations do you have. I don't mind spending a little more money to get a kit that already has all the appropriate connectors.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

ron francis or painless, but be ready to pay premium for it. i rewired my 66 last year with an ez wire kit i got off of ebay for 180 shipped. it required a bit more work but i was able to rewire the whole car for less than 300 dollars.

I used Painless and while it wasn't completely "painless" it was laid out well and everything was on high quality.

Make sure to solder and shrink wrap all your connections and you'll save yourself many headaches down the road.

Good luck...

Posted via Mobile Device

I've used Ron Francis in my '64 Chevy Truck, excellent quality and easy install. don't care for the EZ wire kits - too many things you have to add. Painless is pretty good except it is not painless. On our '65, we stuck with the original new harnesss, more expensive, but all connectors are in place. We also add a second panel with an indepentdent feed for our add-ons (door locks, pwr windows, pwr trunk etc.

+1 on solder and shrink wrap...but do yourself a favor and make sure they aren't cold solder joints(make sure you heat the wire, and use the hot wire to melt the solder....not the soldering iron, makes for a much better joint....also works better on circuit boards if you ever need to...ever have a car with a speedo or other gauges that only work sometimes? neons for instance are notorious for it....easy to fix, but they are all cold soldered from the factory....just an example of issues that come from cold soldering, though to be fair wires cold soldered together arent as bad as circuit boards)