Looking to sell dont know how much?? Help

01TrueBluegt

Nov 16, 2003
Im looking to sell my 01 gt to hopefully purchase a 03 cobra but i dont know what i can sell for can any1 help me out.
48,000, 5 speed, all parts purchased within last 5 months. Centerforce dual friction, b&M shortthrow, flowmaster 40 series cat-back, bbk aluminum underdrive pulleys, superchip tuned by local speed shop, 3.73's. The paint is beautifull. I have the full black widow body kit with the stalker side scoops and painted mirrors. 18x9 and 18x10 boyd coddington smoothie 2's wrapped in 285/35/zr18 nittos and 255/35/zr18's. I also have a alpine indash tv with a panasonic dvd player. It has full power, grey leather that is mint, also comes with the mach 460 stereo system except 6 disc changer. Car is a deffinent looker. Please tell me what you think i can get thanks joey.

• Sponsors (?)

01TrueBluegt said:
Im looking to sell my 01 gt to hopefully purchase a 03 cobra but i dont know what i can sell for can any1 help me out.
48,000, 5 speed, all parts purchased within last 5 months. Centerforce dual friction, b&M shortthrow, flowmaster 40 series cat-back, bbk aluminum underdrive pulleys, superchip tuned by local speed shop, 3.73's. The paint is beautifull. I have the full black widow body kit with the stalker side scoops and painted mirrors. 18x9 and 18x10 boyd coddington smoothie 2's wrapped in 285/35/zr18 nittos and 255/35/zr18's. I also have a alpine indash tv with a panasonic dvd player. It has full power, grey leather that is mint, also comes with the mach 460 stereo system except 6 disc changer. Car is a deffinent looker. Please tell me what you think i can get thanks joey.

16-17 grand if you are lucky

I dont think there is any way he can get 16-17. I'm thinking closer to 10-13. I bought a 2003 with 10k miles for 17. The mods will usually work against you and rarely do you ever hear of someone getting money back for their mods. Most people assume the car was abused if there are perfomance mods. You would probably get more if you brought the car back to stock, imho. I guess there is always the slim chance that you can find a buyer that is looking for a car with the mods you have already done.

Better off to part it out and sell it as close to stock as possible.

Probably 10-12K for car
1,500 for rims and tires assuming fairly new
1,500 for stereo
1,000 maybe for perf parts
If you still have the stock body kit, you could sell the aftermarket stuff too

Could always try to sell it in the mustang and ford trader before you part it out if you aren't in any hurry. Most buyers will shy away from a modded car and it can actually decrease value.

ok thanks but i have been offered 18k 3 times i guess i should take it. dont want to go through the trouble parting it out. The car has won 3 shows already it is a deffinent show car. But thanks for the help

01TrueBluegt said:
ok thanks but i have been offered 18k 3 times i guess i should take it. dont want to go through the trouble parting it out. The car has won 3 shows already it is a deffinent show car. But thanks for the help

Take that 18k in a hurry and run (on foot, since you just sold your car) to the nearest Ford dealer and get that 03 Cobra!

I would consider parting it out if you saved any of the stock parts. if not ford trader or ebay and try to find someone that likes what you have done with your car. bad thing about mods is poeple don't have the same tastes. for example I love my flames but I am sure plenty of people thing there stupid so they would not pay as much for the car. the stereo is always a killer I would definatly pull that. hardly anyone will give you any extra for stuff like that.

$15,000 at the very top.

You dont get crap out of aftermarket parts. You might be better off putting the factory wheel back on and selling your 18's on ebay.

There are 2001 gt's around here with low miles going for less than $13,000.