Lost my DL tonight

351wcoupe

Feb 13, 2003
Manhattan, Kansas
yep thats right I lost my driver's license tonight.
I was driving the lightning and on my way home at 11:30 tonight. (I think that looked suspecious since I usually come home at about 4am) Cop pulled me over because my tags lights weren't working. I got out messed with them and got them to work fairly quickly. I made a joke about me being ASE certified for electrical systems/repair. He said he would let me go, but he was still going to check my license. I thought ok fine that happens quite often, its no big deal. He took forever and came back to tell me I was driving on a suspended license.

It turns out, a while back I got a ticket for improper driving :rolleyes: and had to take a DMV class to keep my DL. I completed the course about 5 days before the deadline. We have to go tomorrow to get everything straight. However its still costs me a new DL, court time, days off of work, etc.

Anyway just venting from an otherwise horrible day.

• Sponsors (?)

92Frankenstein said:
Cops scare me.
They have the power to take away the most important thing in my life....
Good Luck Man

the most important thing in my life...is my life...not my driver's license.

sux you got it taken away but maybe from now on this will teach you to check up on things done by others especially when deadlines are close. Hell, at least it's only a driver's license, I can only imagine if it were say...a doctoral degree thesis or something like that.

Sorry to hear that , i have been living in fear of being pulled over ...i forgot to pay a 25$ parking ticket i got last November...thinking they might put a warrant out for my arrest (this is california afterall!)...turns out they just tacked it onto my registration, no biggy, 30$ later im an upright citizen again :D no worries, DmV screws up allllll the time...stinks becuase of time lost though.

stackz said:
the most important thing in my life...is my life...not my driver's license.

sux you got it taken away but maybe from now on this will teach you to check up on things done by others especially when deadlines are close. Hell, at least it's only a driver's license, I can only imagine if it were say...a doctoral degree thesis or something like that.

Yeah I know but I was thinking about it like this. I have 30 cars and no license and We're supposed to leave for a 3 day show on friday.

I've been arrested once because of not paying my tickets. I almost had them payed off then I stoped paying. It got pretty funny once I got letters in the mail telling me to send them my DL since they suppended it. The funniest one was when they wanted me to peel my tags off and send them to them since they revoke it. So I decided I would start paying again after my third arrest notice came in the. Now since I had talked to the judge about three times about payments I decided to drop my payments in the drop box after hours :D My problem was that I was out drag racing and a cop cought me :bang: The rest is history as they say.

As for the fear of cops, I guess soome people have never heard of dirty cops before :rolleyes:

I got my license back just now and after about 8 hours of being on the phone with the dmv. it turns out the dmv messed. I must be able to see the future or something because thats what I said when the cop walked away with my license.

OMG this is freaky. Ok I mentioned I was arrested earlier right...That happened in 1996. ( 8 yrs ago) Well this morning I got a knock on the door and is was my mom with this letter from the court house :eek: (She never knew I got arrested). She thought it was important so she rushed it over. I was a little nervous my self like crap what have I done know :rolleyes: . Anyways it was a letter from the county clerks office saying I could come pick up my bail bond money :eek: See my friend with the machine shop posted bail for me and I thought once I payed my fines etc he got his cash back :scratch: This had me worried that my friend may think I'm a crook of some sort :nonono: Well I called his shop and he said after 3 times of trying to get his money back he gave them the fingure and left :fuss: He said it was some kind of 3 party deal and needed all kinds of paper work. I told him why the heck he didn't tell me so I could get it back and he said It was his deal not mine :bang: So this morning I finnished something that started 8 years ago and got my friends money back to him. What are the chances of this happening :shrug: I asked the clerk about it and she said she had someone doing the same thing I was doing that happened 20 yrs ago :doh: to top it off I had to pay them 25 bux each bond (2) for book keeping and a 5% each bond for some other crap.

351wcoupe said:
I'm pretty sure my explanation would go like this....
"Well.....ya see" *then takes off running*

I was 20 yrs old at the time so it would have been a beating or something like that. Its that I don't like to let her down :( and Yes I still lived at home when I was 20.