Loud Drone, After Replacing Old A9p Ecu

92jjgt

Nov 18, 2016
Castroville, TX
I just got my 92 gt from a kid that had put in a rebuilt 5.0 only had 34k incl cam, holley annihilator distributor, BBK headers, Flowmaster h-pipe, Performance plus 75mm tb & spacer, replaced iac, egr, wiring, deleted fuse box in the bay, new maf sensor, spark plug wires, & Jet Performance chip on the A9p ecu. Always ran boggy, but strong. Said when he put the motor in, the OD stopped working. That chip ended up frying the motherboard & I finally found a ecu but it's the c3w and now there's a drone that's been getting increasingly louder as time progresses. Everyone says I'm just freaking out, but IK what my car should & should not sound like, especially going 55mph & can't hear the radio. Also I can feel od grab but slips back out, any help would be very useful

Oh yeah, we threw that chip away made sure it was gotten rid of. And that kid did mention the only he failed to do was take it in to get a tune

Don't be tempted to try another off-the-shelf tuning chip. They are all junk. Gimmicks.

The next step would be to pull codes.

Reactions: 1 user
The drone is from the Flowmasters and O/R H-pipe. Swap them out for a straight through style muffler like Borla, Magnaflow, Dynomax, etc and your interior drone will be GREATLY reduced. Weld a set of cats into that H-pipe and it'll get better still.

And yeah.....off the shelf chips are poop. Have it custom tuned, at a reputable shop and don't look back.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea that's what I was also thinking . I got under it at my uncles tire shop & you could tell he ran it with uncapped headers for a while then put the flowmasters on, which have a lot of suet in them but look fairly new, still don't like them... MagnaFlow I prefer