Loud Squeek Noise on Start Up in Rain

I have this loud squeek noise that occurs whenever it rains and this past day with this huge storm it was worse. It sounds as if one of my pulleys isnt moving or maybe it could be my belt slipping....Well anyway when this happens my car does not charge...as if my alternator is not working...after about a minute the car seems to slowly start building up a charge and when it is almost at full power or full charge it will make another loud squeek and then the car is fine.

With my hood the water might actually be pouring in right above my alternator becuase of the slots in it so I think I might have to make something up custom to shield my alternator..

But anyway has anyone had something similar to this?...and what was your fix for it?

thanks,

dan

• Sponsors (?)

Is it while you drive or idling? If it does it while idling pop your hood and see if anything out the ordinary is going on with your pulleys

If it's really loud it could be the A/C, if you still have it.
If it's just a little loud it is probly just belt slippadge, Happens all the time in my truck and really pisses me off. I got a nice ass truck that makes noises every time it rains or gets wet:nonono:

Its actually coming from the alternator....When I just started it now there was a litle smoke coming from there....It wasnt like real smoke but like water that was being burned off from friction....I think I need to make some type of cover to help protect it from when it rains.

Water and alternators aren't the best of buddies. Could be belt slippage, but I also wouldn't doubt the alterntor bearings are getting water contamination. A shield wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

Yeah right now Im trying to be creative and what to make the shield out of and how I am going to mount it...the good thing is that I have another alternator in my shed that I can screw around with to figure out what to do and make

Its actually coming from the alternator....When I just started it now there was a litle smoke coming from there....It wasnt like real smoke but like water that was being burned off from friction....I think I need to make some type of cover to help protect it from when it rains.

umm just a thought here, but water doesnt "smoke" per se, i just steams...if in fact its smoking, its all the wires in there smoking from electricity and water( not good.) i know the wires in there are pretty thick, but soon you could burn through all that crap, or short something out... i would shield that asap! even though you have another alt. on hand, it would still be good to not kill this one if u dont have to.

No the alternator I have is dead...and Why would I want to kill my alternator that is in my car anyway...Im just trying to figure out a way to shield it...I have the cervinis Heat extractor hood a.k.a. 03-04 Cobra Hood...The vents on the hood sit right over the alternator (when it rains water drips on the alternator...so I have to make a shield somehow but I have no idea where to mount this shield to.