Lowering Springs...

08blueskunk

May 8, 2008
Maine
I just ordered the Ford Performance parts lowering springs 1.5" drop, I am installing them this weekend, i am not racing the car but will i need anything else? Camber kit or anything? I am installing them saturday and giving it the alignment then.

• Sponsors (?)

You really should get an adjustable panhard bar to recenter your rear end, but otherwise, you shouldn't need anything. Eventually you'll probably want to change the shocks/struts because the stockers will see heavier use due to the stiffer coils.

You really should get an adjustable panhard bar to recenter your rear end, but otherwise, you shouldn't need anything. Eventually you'll probably want to change the shocks/struts because the stockers will see heavier use due to the stiffer coils.

I agree completely. I also think while you're in there you might as well upgrade to the BMR Panhard Bar brace as well since it's only ~$100.

+1. If you're ever considering shocks/struts I'd spring for em now because the install would be easy with the old springs/dampers off. I needed the panhard bar when I did mine, the rearend shifted noticably. I didnt need camber plates or even camber bolts with mine, but my drop was slightly less than yours will be. Good luck.

Same questions I had a few months ago. I agree with the others, definately go with an adjustable panhard bar, and probably want shocks too. Once I lowered my car and let it settle, my rear end was shifted over 11/16", which is almost 3/4", and was easily visible with the naked eye. I installed an adjustable panhard bar, just installed a set of Roush Stage 3 Rear shocks (waiting on the fronts) and the ride is better. As far as the install goes, make sure you have some spring compressors and an impact gun really helps. The removal/re-installation is very easy and straight forward. You can expect to spend 2 -3 hours doing this. Hope everything works out well!

its very easy to adjust. I just rigged a socket and string and taped it to each fender and let it hang down on each side. Then I measured it to the middle of each wheel. Depending on the type of panhard bar, you just rotate the bar one direction or the other to even it out. Thats really all an alignment shop would probably do. Theres a good write up by tacobill if you do a search for it on google.

i did it - but I couldnt get the string measurement to be exactly the same on both sides.

I dont have any alignment issues.

Any issues with mine not being exact? I mean, its probably about 4cm difference.

U should be able to adjust it so its pretty close. That being said, i don't think its a big deal if its just a little off especially if you cant notice it by looking at it.

I don't know if you guys know, but I noticed some "klunking" at low speeds when i hit bumps in the road. I checked bolts we loosened up, everything seems tight? It seems to be coming from both front and rear. IS it normal? What could it be?

I don't know if you guys know, but I noticed some "klunking" at low speeds when i hit bumps in the road. I checked bolts we loosened up, everything seems tight? It seems to be coming from both front and rear. IS it normal? What could it be?

I have the very same thing! Glad to know someone else has this issue. It sounds like something is loose but like you I double and triple checked and everything is tight...

exatly PDX ..."it sounds like something is loose"

i asked a "car guy" he said he would guess that the factory shocks are "bottoming out" ? My car is brand new only has 1000 miles on it could this be possible? I know i read another thread about buying new bolts due to torque issues and retourqueing, but either way the original bolts i re used are tight. so i don't see how anything is loose?

I remember hearing the same thing about replacing the one time use fastners from ford solving that problem. I dont know if you guys replaced swaybars or any bushings, but i've heard that not greasing those enough can cause some noise. I've been lucky so far...