LRS door seals, wtf?

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
i ordered some of the door seals from LRS. aside from part of my order missing, i have a huge issue. the door seals STINK badly. i opened the box at work and this overpowering smell came out of the box.

i dont know quite how to describe it. the smell is so strong, i left it in my car at lunch break. i got off work at 5, so it was in there for 5 hours. the smell was so bad on the way home i had a headache and all windows were down.

has anyone else had this? i've had 4 people smell them and they said send that sht back. is this typical? it will foul the entire interior of the car if i install them. i let them air out all night now as well and no change in the scent.

• Sponsors (?)

i ordered some of the door seals from LRS. aside from part of my order missing, i have a huge issue. the door seals STINK badly. i opened the box at work and this overpowering smell came out of the box.

i dont know quite how to describe it. the smell is so strong, i left it in my car at lunch break. i got off work at 5, so it was in there for 5 hours. the smell was so bad on the way home i had a headache and all windows were down.

has anyone else had this? i've had 4 people smell them and they said send that sht back. is this typical? it will foul the entire interior of the car if i install them. i let them air out all night now as well and no change in the scent.

I had the same issue, took about 5 of the air freshener trees and tossed them under the seats. Cant really smell it anymore. But it does kinda linger. Hadnt really thought about it much as my windows are always down......maybe i should sent them back.

im not gonna put any air fresheners into my mustang. my 07' acura tl still had the new car smell in it until today. these god damn things are rediculous. i can't believe people deal with this smell unless mine are exceptionally strong?

im not trying to nitpick, it's just untolerable.

i gotta talk to someone tomorrow about the parts i didnt receive with my order. so ill mention these and let you know what they say.

im not gonna put any air fresheners into my mustang. my 07' acura tl still had the new car smell in it until today. these god damn things are rediculous. i can't believe people deal with this smell unless mine are exceptionally strong?

im not trying to nitpick, it's just rediculous.

i gotta talk to someone tomorrow about the parts i didnt receive with my order. so ill mention these and let you know what they say.

I love the vanilla smell, so i really didnt mind. Plus my interior smelled kinda like paint from all the freshly painted interior parts. Cant really smell it now. But the car definitely didnt have a new car smell to it.

I love the vanilla smell, so i really didnt mind. Plus my interior smelled kinda like paint from all the freshly painted interior parts. Cant really smell it now. But the car definitely didnt have a new car smell to it.

if these do air out, i wont care honestly. i hit them with some febreeze spray and let them simmer outside. i brought them in tonight and the febreeze smell is completely gone lol.

ill pay the difference for oem ford ones, if this is what it means to buy cheap weatherstripping.

Did you guys know that the "new car smell" is actually largely formaldehyde and other VOCs (volatile organic chemicals) inherent to the production of vinyls, plastics, paint, and leather? It's a well known carcinogen. Enjoy! :nice:

Did you guys know that the "new car smell" is actually largely formaldehyde and other VOCs (volatile organic chemicals) inherent to the production of vinyls, plastics, paint, and leather? It's a well known carcinogen. Enjoy! :nice:

:lol: Good point. I remember they did a report on that and said that new car smell is bad for your health. Gotta love our old fox bodies!!! LOL

i called today and they said its a preservative they put on the rubber. he said to wash them with soap and water. i've washed them 4 times now with the soap he recommended and now my hands smell like it. thats about the only difference..

my oem one is ripped at the bottom too. im about to superglue it back together. theres no way im putting my cars through the torment of this smell. ill throw the **** in the garbage before i use it.

i washed them a 5th time outside. prior to the 5th and my final attempt at these.. i hung them in my 2-car garage to dry. within 1 hour it filled the entire garage with the smell of these.

guess i know what green container on the side of the house is getting a deposit soon :nonono:

WTF LOL You've got to be kidding. Maybe you have an ultra sensitive sense of smell? :shrug:

I have a brand new set sitting in my garage it it doesn't smell enough to fill up a whole room let alone give me a headache.

The OEM ones are $75 which is a ridiculous for 2 strips of rubber.

me and the other ~6 people who cant believe it must all be sensitive then. they are horrible.. fortunately it was only $25 wasted i guess.

75 is worth it for the lack of smell.

Wow thats crazy i also did mine two years ago and dont remember that smell. They must be using sommething else to make them. lol im glad i ordered an extra set for my coupe they are in a box still awaiting to be installed in the coupe lol.

Good luck>>>

Well at least its an easy nick name for the stang now "STINKY" lmao

Hey guys, we have been in contact with the manufacturer and they are checking into whats going on. We checked our stock and it does have a little more twang to it than usual. 281pony, give Mike our sales manager a call 254-296-6540 and let's see if we can get this resolved.

Hey guys, we have been in contact with the manufacturer and they are checking into whats going on. We checked our stock and it does have a little more twang to it than usual. 281pony, give our Mike our sales manager a call 254-296-6540 and let's see if we can get this resolved.

Can i get in on that, i figured the smell would be gone by now but its not....:(