mach 460 help

i have hooked up an aftermarket headunit to the 460 and never had any probs....recently did an 00 vert and everythings fine except alls i get outa the rear speakers is bass no treb......took the speakers out and they work fine so its not them....what could it be?....need help asap

• Sponsors (?)

k i am a little rusty on converts but if it is a 460 system it should only play bass through the 5x7 speakers in the rear and the mid/highs should come from those 2 1/2" speakers above them. is it that those speakers are not playing ? Also if that car uses the harness i think it does you have to not push it in all the way, the harness with the speaker leads pull it out just a hair.

incase i am totally wrong, plug the factory radio back in and see if they play. if they do with factory and not with aftermarket you got something wired wrong.

Replacement of 460 Head and AMPS

Ok. So, all the wiring diagrams I have found for the 460 sound do not include the one AMP located in the front under the radio and CD. I have found one diagram which appears to match one plug on the amp, indicating it controls both the front and rear speakers. If I am correct, this mean it actually controls the "mid-high" speakers in the top of the back panel and the small "mid-high"'s in the doors. The low-bass speakers are actually controlled by the 2 AMPS located in the back under the seat (convertable) or just in back for the coupe. My real question is, does anyone have any information regarding the actual amps of the speakers? From all the diagrams, it apears both left and right are "in-line" which means the amp would need to push a total of 4 amps for both on one side to power 2 speakers.

If the left or right side "mid-highs" are not working, it is actually more likely the AMP under the radio in front. From my perspective, this a cheap way of doing this and also very inconvenient to problem solve with. I am currently pulling all the amps and head unit and replacing them with a new head unit and amp. I will run the "mid-highs" off the stereo head and the "low-bass" from a new amp in the back. The only real question is, what are the Amp ratings on the speakers? I would like to use the old speakers for a while until I can replace them, but will probably blow them out if I get the AMP rating wrong the first time.

Help?:shrug:

Ok. So, all the wiring diagrams I have found for the 460 sound do not include the one AMP located in the front under the radio and CD. I have found one diagram which appears to match one plug on the amp, indicating it controls both the front and rear speakers. If I am correct, this mean it actually controls the "mid-high" speakers in the top of the back panel and the small "mid-high"'s in the doors. The low-bass speakers are actually controlled by the 2 AMPS located in the back under the seat (convertable) or just in back for the coupe. My real question is, does anyone have any information regarding the actual amps of the speakers? From all the diagrams, it apears both left and right are "in-line" which means the amp would need to push a total of 4 amps for both on one side to power 2 speakers.

If the left or right side "mid-highs" are not working, it is actually more likely the AMP under the radio in front. From my perspective, this a cheap way of doing this and also very inconvenient to problem solve with. I am currently pulling all the amps and head unit and replacing them with a new head unit and amp. I will run the "mid-highs" off the stereo head and the "low-bass" from a new amp in the back. The only real question is, what are the Amp ratings on the speakers? I would like to use the old speakers for a while until I can replace them, but will probably blow them out if I get the AMP rating wrong the first time.

Help?:shrug:

That made my head hurt. Maybe this will help you.

http://www.flemworld.com/Mach460/mach.html

Well if it stil isn't working the the factory head unit, are you sure it was working before you started into this? It is not likely that you did anything to damage the rear speaker by changing the head unit. I am pretty sure that the speakers that are not working are the 2 inch mid / tweeters, not the 5x7 speaker in the back so maybe they are just blown and with the factory head unit you just never noticed it before. Only way to really check the speaker directly is to take off the rear panels and test them.

as far as the factory amps go there should be two behind the rear seat, one on each side of the convertable pump/motor ( whatever it is ). ( I might be wrong on this, this might be the 01+ body with the double din radio)