Made A Couple Of Changes

1995 5.0

Jun 19, 2005
Tried to clean up the engine bay a little bit when i changed out my power steering. Let me know what you guys think.

old
n207302978_31097867_9501.jpg

new
282.jpg

285.jpg

I still need to go through and clean up the wiring.

• Sponsors (?)

That vacuum tree on the firewall can go into the fenderwell behind the driver side strut tower. Also the wiring harness on the firewall, you can run that lower than where it is now. The wiring harness on the passenger side running down the passenger strut tower then going to front of car. You can put that one inside the fender and run it under neath to the front of the car. I ran the hood latch cable inside the driver's side fender. See on my before pic it's all the way on the driver's side running over the strut tower (on your too). You'll notice in my After pic that cable is gone.

Before- Spaghetti wires everywhere. You can't even see the red paint on the firewall.

MustangSupercharged.jpg

After- Now you cans see the red on the firewall.

Motor1.jpg

Motor2.jpg

Motor12-29-05.jpg

It's the stock one. If you notice in the first pic the OEM sticker was coming off. I removed that, scuffed the cover and painted with High temp VHT black matte finish rattle can. I also repainted the hood cover insulation with the same rattle can, came out great. You should have less wires since you're running a carb set up. Looks good though, just thought I give you some ideas since it's the same year car. Mine isn't totally hidden like some others have done. Would have loved to see no wires really.

It's the stock one. If you notice in the first pic the OEM sticker was coming off. I removed that, scuffed the cover and painted with High temp VHT black matte finish rattle can. I also repainted the hood cover insulation with the same rattle can, came out great. You should have less wires since you're running a carb set up. Looks good though, just thought I give you some ideas since it's the same year car. Mine isn't totally hidden like some others have done. Would have loved to see no wires really.
I think the OP's car is a fox body...you can see the wiper cowl which gives it away. Also his sig mentions a 91 GT. :p