Making sure your car runs like it should!

Ok i have one quick question, what do you guys do besides changing your oil every 3-5 thousand of miles to maintain its perfect running condition. I have 40,000 miles on mine, and have not changed or done anything else but oil changes. Should i do more maintainance to it? Really would appreciate feedback

THANKS!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Absolutely nothing :D (most of the time)

Why? Because every few months im upgrading something on the car which usually requires that I drain all the fluids LOL. Seriously LOL, the turbo system allowed me to drain and fluch the radiator again, and do the power steering system. Also did the tranny fluid again at that point, and changed the fuel filter for the first time then (DIRTY).
Put in royal purple when we swapped gears to 3.73s @ around 13K (probably due for a change).

Im @ 64K right now, and only thing left to do is the braking system...and I really dont feel like doing that. Im sure its never even been boiled....heck im still on teh stock brake pads...and I have about 1/2 life left on them LOL. Im easy on the braking system :) Im alos pretty sure we repacked my wheel bearings @ 3X,XXX when we swapped to a tubular frontend.

So yea, I do maintenance when I do performance upgrades LOL.

Also, brake fluid should be flushed every year...2 years the latest. Of course NOBODY ever does that, but i do mine yearly and notice improved feel.

I have 45K on mine and need to start doing some maintainence. Everything is in great shape though, but it's time to do the fuel filter, coolant flush and other necessary routine maintainence issues.

refering to your owner's manual should be the first place to look...

+1 Also a Haynes manual, while not gospel, is still a useful source of information.

I have 40,000 miles on mine, and have not changed or done anything else but oil changes. Should i do more maintainance to it?

Right off the bat, you should replace your air filter and fuel filter, they are overdue. You should notice a significant improvement.