• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Merry Christmas to me

  • Thread starter Thread starter RYC CUKR
  • Start date Start date Dec 17, 2003

RYC CUKR

Founding Member
May 19, 2002
1,437
1
38
Orlando
Dec 17, 2003
#1
  • Dec 17, 2003
  • #1
So I am driving down the road on Sat. and I hit a bump and I hear something banging underneath the stang. I couldn't figure it out until I stepped on the gas and then I knew exactly what had happened. I had lost a muffler and tailpipe. Actually didn't loose them as they were still banging around under the car when I got home. Kinda sucked but a good reason for new exhaust. I cut the once side off and ended up driving around for a few days with only one muffler.

Now is the good part. Like I said a good reason for a new cat back system. So I got a Magnaflow cat back. Very nice looking set up and stainless too. Haven't put it on the stang yet and was wondering if any of you guys had any experience with one of these on a FOX body 'vert.

Thanks for any advice.
 

HO93LX302

Founding Member
Jul 7, 2002
715
0
0
Naugatuck,CT
Dec 17, 2003
#2
  • Dec 17, 2003
  • #2
I got a Magnaflow cat back on my LX. Not a vert though, just hatch.. I love the sound of it with my bassani x-pipe.. Nice a queit at idle but when on the gas all hell breaks loose... You'll love it.. Its pretty easy to install (word of advice do not tighten all bolts completely until the whole cat back is installed, cause you will have to adjust it to fit perfect.. You'll see)
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
1987 5.0 speed density Foxbody crank no start
  • Alan2204
  • May 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
462
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 30, 2026
Mcmahst
C
Engine Idle cuts out
  • claypoolxx
  • Mar 7, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
25
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 24, 2026
alutwon
P
Weird Voltage & Oil Pressure Gauges
  • PNN
  • May 22, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
116
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech May 22, 2026
PNN
P
Alternator not charging
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
175
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
H
Forced Induction On3 Turbo Kit- Parts list NEEDED - 302 Stock Motor
  • Hirothecool1
  • Feb 27, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Mar 7, 2026
slow84lx
S
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?