midpipe to header bolts

• Sponsors (?)

when i installed my x pipe there was some metal sleeve on the passenger manifold studs that i had to have someone take off with a torch. it wouldnt allow the midpipe to tighten down all the way on the passenger side giving me an exhaust leak/tick

check to see if yours is like that

when i installed my x pipe there was some plastic sleeve on the passenger manifold studs that i had to have someone take off with a torch. it wouldnt allow the midpipe to tighten down all the way on the passenger side giving me an exhaust leak/tick

check to see if yours is like that

I installed bbk shortys to my existing prochamber last summer when I did my head swap and I don't remember putting the gasket for the one side that needed one. Could this be the culprit, but why after a year would it start ticking?

not really sure. mine was fine at first but after a week driving it the leak developed. a week < year so i am not really sure.

if you have a camcorder take a vid, pload it to photobucket.com and share it so we can hear t first hand :)

not really sure. mine was fine at first but after a week driving it the leak developed. a week < year so i am not really sure.

if you have a camcorder take a vid, pload it to photobucket.com and share it so we can hear t first hand :)

Do you know if an exhaust leak would get worst as your car warms up and i will see what I can do about posting a vid. O it doesn't tick while idling. It better be an exhaust leak or my plans to paint the car are scratched and forged block here I come.:lol:

I once went to a ford stealership to buy some. They told me they didnt have any, but gave me the nut size and everything. Went to the hardware store and brought some which was noticeably smaller but the same size from the paper.

Installed 2 on the passenger side and the leak got worse lol. Just order them from FORD even if they have to order it a state away from another dealer.

I once went to a ford stealership to buy some. They told me they didnt have any, but gave me the nut size and everything. Went to the hardware store and brought some which was noticeably smaller but the same size from the paper.

Installed 2 on the passenger side and the leak got worse lol. Just order them from FORD even if they have to order it a state away from another dealer.

OK thanks much.

Well looked at the exhaust and everything looked on the up and up, so I took the drive belt off to see if the tick was in the accessories. Well sure enough the tick stopped so now its guessing time. Where should I start?