wel fellas, I did recently post a pinging question and it seems as if the only real solution is less timing or more octance.
of course, less timing is less power. how retarded is that??
(sorry i couldn't help)
well my thoughts went to directly to octane and what can be done. Being a pilot, I though immediately about 100LL or 100 octance (low lead). Of course my next thought was that the older engines liked a little lead, so i set out to find the lead contenet.
As it turns out,
100LL has 2g of lead per gallon
opposed to:
91 premium having .001 g per gallon
so my next question is, will this lead content cause some harm to my engine? i doubt that i would be running 100% of avgas, but a 50-50 mix will produce a 95-96 octane rating. This would be nice, considering that 91 is the the highest available octane around here.
i spose that i wouldn't have to worry about the lead ruining a cat-converter
Even though they lowered the lead content because of the harmful side effects, i think that a 50/50 might be safe.
well if I can't do this, what other options would I have like an octane booster. are these ligit (i doubt it) but do they work?
of course, less timing is less power. how retarded is that??
(sorry i couldn't help)well my thoughts went to directly to octane and what can be done. Being a pilot, I though immediately about 100LL or 100 octance (low lead). Of course my next thought was that the older engines liked a little lead, so i set out to find the lead contenet.
As it turns out,
100LL has 2g of lead per gallon
opposed to:
91 premium having .001 g per gallon
so my next question is, will this lead content cause some harm to my engine? i doubt that i would be running 100% of avgas, but a 50-50 mix will produce a 95-96 octane rating. This would be nice, considering that 91 is the the highest available octane around here.
i spose that i wouldn't have to worry about the lead ruining a cat-converter

Even though they lowered the lead content because of the harmful side effects, i think that a 50/50 might be safe.
well if I can't do this, what other options would I have like an octane booster. are these ligit (i doubt it) but do they work?
considering that i just put one in
might work, but I'd get a thrid member for my differential before that!