Mod Help? 2001 4.6L Cobra (QVALE MANGUSTA)

RichMangusta

May 24, 2004
Qvale Mangusta #278/285

I own a Qvale Mangusta #278/285 (the one made in Modena, Italy). The motor is a 2001 Cobra coupled with an automatic transmission (don't rag on me ... I have a bum knee and cannot op. a manual ).

Stock hp is around 260hp, and I'm ready to add some serious power. Suggestions? It has been advised to add a supercharger with an intercooler, chip, mufflers, etc.. I have no experience with this but am up to the challenge.

Cost? Pros/Cons? Alternative suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Rich

Qvale Mangusta #278/285
4.6L Cobra 2001 Motor

• Sponsors (?)

First of all you car is rated at 320 bhp from the factory. Basically the engine is a direct take-out from the 2000 cobra. You should be able to use cobra pulleys, throttle body, mass air meter, and other basic bolt on parts like that to increase you performance. Pick up the llatest issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords and look through it for dealers that sell these parts. You would find it much cheaper through a mustang warehouse than any Qvalve source I imagine. Also the pictures of the supercharged ones I have seen on the net appear to be the regular cobra Supercharger kit from vortech. It looks like you have the clearance between the radiator and engine to mount this without hassle and that would give you your largest gains. Exhaust is always a great mod but may be limited for your car. I have not been able to find much on that. Good luck to you.