Mods with 95 computer - will these be ok?

5ohguy

Jul 9, 2019
Midwest
Howdy. I just bought a stock 1995 triple-black convertible GT with a 5 speed. I had a 89 LX coupe back in the day I heavily modified into a h/c/i car that would turn low 12s. So, I'm not a novice when comes to what works on the ol' 5.0. I am a novice on what will work with the 95 computer. I remember hearing issues with mods on these cars back in the day. I'd like to just do some bolt-ons, nothing crazy and not out grow the stock 19 lb injectors. Will these mods require any computer tuning or driveability issues:

Phase 1 - BBK longtubes with h pipe
Phase 2 - BBK 76mm MAF and 70mm t-body
Phase 3 - Cobra intake and 1.7 roller rockers

I'm just looking to add 20-30 hp without modifying the stock computer if possible. Any recommendations on different brands or products based on users experiences is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Those mods should give you no issues at all.
Sn-95’s kinda got a bad rap when guys (and gals) started swapping in radical cams (speaking from experience) and pulling off anything they thought would give em “Moar Powah”
In reality, the computer handles most mods very well. Sounds like you are on a good start to some decent upgrades.
I’d lean towards doing some suspension upgrades next-pretty good bang for your buck for a driver car.

Welcome to Stangnet

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Howdy. I just bought a stock 1995 triple-black convertible GT with a 5 speed. I had a 89 LX coupe back in the day I heavily modified into a h/c/i car that would turn low 12s. So, I'm not a novice when comes to what works on the ol' 5.0. I am a novice on what will work with the 95 computer. I remember hearing issues with mods on these cars back in the day. I'd like to just do some bolt-ons, nothing crazy and not out grow the stock 19 lb injectors. Will these mods require any computer tuning or driveability issues:

Phase 1 - BBK longtubes with h pipe
Phase 2 - BBK 76mm MAF and 70mm t-body
Phase 3 - Cobra intake and 1.7 roller rockers

I'm just looking to add 20-30 hp without modifying the stock computer if possible. Any recommendations on different brands or products based on users experiences is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It'll be fine, but stick to a 65mm t.body. 70 is too big for a near stock motor.

These cars love gears, too.. I also drive a vert 95 and have 3.08's.. without all this power it would suck, lol.