Motor mount pictures?

BBRacer

Founding Member
Nov 8, 2001
Calgary
Thought I had this figured out - now maybe not. Found two MII's in the wrecker's and got a bunch of bolts and 5 rally wheels for my 77 Cobra 2. Boy is mine rust free!! Needs to be put back together though from PO who took it all part and lost all the bolts.

Gets you motivated to do more - since my car has been in storage all winter, plus I am trying to get the engine back in my '65 Mustang next week - I haven't had much time to work on it. Had a look yesterday - motor mounts are attached to the frame (I bought it with no engine), but what goes from there to the block? Anyone have pictures? I have seen the V8 mount rebuild kit pictures but can't figure that out. By the way - my Hanynes manual is now on order from Amazon.

Too cold to roll it out and take pictures for the forum - but getting crazy about it again. Will be mostly original except I will probably have to use a 5.0 roller block and a 5 speed.

PS the V8 in the wreckers had eveything removed, block was stripped and thrown in a puddle - no heads, no oil pan. 2 barrel manifold is there. Is that stuff worth anything??

Thanks - BB!!

Just read your thread

Great project - I just found a parts car coupe myself so I will be swapping stuff over too. Mine will be a bit easier (v-8 to a v-8). I'll post pictures as I get going on my '77 Cobra 2. Sure like the look of the engine in the coupe. I should restore mine but I like the look of nicely detailed engine bay with aftermarket valve covers, ect...

well I have the 1976 302 motor and C4 transmission but no car, LOL

here are some picture of the driver and passenger motor mounts, I have the mounts that connect these mounts to the car as well I can put them on and take a picture of that too later

Those really help

Now I know what I am looking for. I have the frame mounts which are offset but not these ones on the block. These must be the the ones that everyone needs and you can't buy. I found a parts car so i may just get the whole thing and then I can transfer everything I need over. Thanks though.