• Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All

Mounting Mach 460 tweeter

  • Thread starter Thread starter 5.0_GT_kid
  • Start date Start date Sep 2, 2005

5.0_GT_kid

20+ Year Stangneter
Apr 18, 2004
1,155
1
39
Largo, Florida
Sep 2, 2005
#1
  • Sep 2, 2005
  • #1
How I do I mount the Mach 460 tweeters in my 1994 GT? I got the door panels off but I don't see how these things mount. Pics would be helpful if possible.

Thanks in advance!
 
O

O.D. Showtime

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2002
820
0
16
.
Sep 3, 2005
#2
  • Sep 3, 2005
  • #2
I assume you're talking about the entire Mach 460 tweeter pod, not just the tweeters. If that is the case, you will need a new door panel. Mustangs w/ Mach 460 had diff. door panels to accept the tweeter pod...or you could just cut into your pre-existing door panel if you wanted.
 

5.0_GT_kid

20+ Year Stangneter
Apr 18, 2004
1,155
1
39
Largo, Florida
Sep 3, 2005
#3
  • Sep 3, 2005
  • #3
Yeah I got that part covered, but how does the pod actually mount to the door?
 
O

O.D. Showtime

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2002
820
0
16
.
Sep 3, 2005
#4
  • Sep 3, 2005
  • #4
the pod mounts to the door via factory locations. If I recall, there is only one or two screw locations that actually mount the plastic tweeter pod to the door shell. Just take your tweeter pod and look for the pre-drilled holes and try to match it up w/ pre-drilled holes in the door. That's how mine was. It's really a simple process, but if your car didn't come with the bolt locations, then you may have to drill some yourself.
 

5.0_GT_kid

20+ Year Stangneter
Apr 18, 2004
1,155
1
39
Largo, Florida
Sep 3, 2005
#5
  • Sep 3, 2005
  • #5
Thanks O.D

I just realized that I am missing the pieces that screw into the door, and I guess the tweeter attaches to that piece with plastic tabs.

I have these right here...
View attachment 505020

But here in this pic, you can see the piece attached that I am missing.
View attachment 505024

I'm gonna call the guy who I got the Mach 460 from and have him get that piece from his car too.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

2
Adding subs with mach 460 system
  • 2v.cjmullis
  • Tuesday at 10:26 AM
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
59
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Tuesday at 1:09 PM
gkomo
2
Resolved subs with mach 460 system
  • 2v.cjmullis
  • Monday at 3:28 PM
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
50
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Monday at 3:28 PM
2v.cjmullis
2
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
231
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Engine Would you replace these OEM motor mounts?
  • 91GTstroked
  • Sep 21, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
220
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 23, 2026
nickyb
J
67 mustang interior courtesy light wiring
  • JCuster
  • Jun 9, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
149
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 17, 2026
GypsyR
G
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?