My nephew "dumped" his first car on me.

DaGrungyLilGT

Mar 10, 2019
N.Y.
He bought a (50 footer) nice looking but very worn 88 Mustang GT, which turned out to have too much work to do, so he gave it to (lucky) me in exchange for a 2001 Sentra I had ready for paint.
I dove into it hard, with a complete front to rear Energy Suspension replacement, added subframe connectors..re-geared the diff..& succesfully rebuilt the useless second gear T5..(thanks to the Junkyard Dog Youtube videos!)...and the A/C is now "meat freezer" ready..
BUT!..and this is a big but!...a few months ago, a genius on his cellphone rammed his toyota straight into my left front, ripping the wheel clean off the hub, taking out the fender,door and bowing the roof just a bit...
The insurance here would only give me about 1,000.00 to fix it or 1,600.00 and they keep the car...well, some might give it up, but I wasn't ready to part with it that cheaply, so I kept it and got it up and running again...hence the word Grungy in my username...I've actually got it tracking better than before the hit..so here I am diggin deeper into the Mustang world...still enjoying!
20190305_113308.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I wish...it was a kid, and his parents are, well...pretty much "bums"...I figure I'll just let "karma" run its course this time.
Still, I'm glad to be here and really appreciate the welcome!
And here's a message to all.... Please.. don't fiddle with yer phone while driving!!! It only takes a split second for everything to go really bad.
I was at the receiving end , and it sucks bad!

I wish...it was a kid, and his parents are, well...pretty much "bums"...I figure I'll just let "karma" run its course this time.
Still, I'm glad to be here and really appreciate the welcome!
And here's a message to all.... Please.. don't fiddle with yer phone while driving!!! It only takes a split second for everything to go really bad.
I was at the receiving end , and it sucks bad!
20180820_142409.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Wow!
and
Ouch!

and only worth 1600$ ?!? thats just salt in the wound.

here I am diggin deeper into the Mustang world...still enjoying!

Sorry for yer troubles but welcome aboard and glad you got the kind of good attitude where your still enjoying.
And your a good sport for letting the kid slide a little. Nice!