My Personal Pics From Pri 2015 Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

They did say the weight would be saved "across the board" which I would have thought meant all models but I agree it doesn't look like weight was saved. It will be interesting to see if weight was saved, and how much lighter the turbo is than the 5.0. I'm a little (note: little) disappointed about the size, I would have loved a smaller and lighter car, might even be more keen on the turbo 4. Heck if it were up to me, the car would be a foot shorter, 6 inches skinnier, 2 inches lower using 17 and 18 inch wheels (not these 19 and 20 inch monstrosities they need to use now) with all components scaled down for the smaller and lighter car. It would be using a 1.8L turbo 4 base (~250HP) and a 3.8L V8 (~340HP) as GT with an intercooled (single or twin)-turbo V8 as the ultra (GT350 / 500 / etc) model. (Oh dreams...)
Sounds like you are describing a rear wheel drive Focus ST I would love to see a car like that too. I bought a Focus ST for a DD and now that I found out about the EcoBoost Mustang I am getting one as a summer fun car because I miss rear wheel drive.

I'm not bothered at all by the size and weight of the car. Heck, it's only 150lbs heavier than the SN95...and look how many more options you get and how much more solidly built the car is. And I'll take the longer and wider wheelbase and more rigid chassis over the choppy ride of a shorter, springier wheelbase any day.

Yeah, chopping the size and weight and removing all of the options would make it quicker and more nimble, but IMO an over all less fun car to drive. You aren't always going to be pushing this thing hard into corners and from light to light. In fact, 90% of the time, you're just going to be in it enjoying the driving experience.....so why not actually enjoy it?

My Fox is all of those things that many here wish the new GT was and although it's fun when pushed and in comparison to what was available "back in the day" it's pretty decently set up....it's barely entry level by today's standards.

If owning a VASTLY better car means I have to sacrifice 2/10 in a quarter of a mile, or 0.3G's on the skidpad (even though the numbers still blow the doors off of any Mustang prior to it), then so be it. The trade off is well worth it!

I'm not bothered at all by the size and weight of the car. Heck, it's only 150lbs heavier than the SN95...and look how many more options you get and how much more solidly built the car is. And I'll take the longer and wider wheelbase and more rigid chassis over the choppy ride of a shorter, springier wheelbase any day.

Yeah, chopping the size and weight and removing all of the options would make it quicker and more nimble, but IMO an over all less fun car to drive. You aren't always going to be pushing this thing hard into corners and from light to light. In fact, 90% of the time, you're just going to be in it enjoying the driving experience.....so why not actually enjoy it?

My Fox is all of those things that many here wish the new GT was and although it's fun when pushed and in comparison to what was available "back in the day" it's pretty decently set up....it's barely entry level by today's standards.

If owning a VASTLY better car means I have to sacrifice 2/10 in a quarter of a mile, or 0.3G's on the skidpad (even though the numbers still blow the doors off of any Mustang prior to it), then so be it. The trade off is well worth it!

Oh yes, this is how I see past it being a little big / heavy for a truly monsterous sports car. In fact this is the same thinking that makes me think the turbo 4 makes SO much more sense than the V8. 90% of the time, I'm not going to notice a difference in the drive, except a little more fuel use from the V8. Plus the extra registration costs of the V8 over the turbo 4, plus the extra initial cost of the V8... and the fact that they look almost identical (and in fact I like the cleaner look of the 4 over the 8 - no badges on the side, no hood vents). But it would still be a hard decision lol.

I do think it could have been a little smaller though, for practicality reasons, as on paper it is almost exactly the same size as my 4-door large family sedan (2002 Ford (Australia) Falcon).