Mystery Oil Leak....help

ja1919

Jul 26, 2004
today i put in a fuel pump relay kill switch...i cut the red wire before the relay and ran a wire in the cabin somewheres..im not saying!!!...but as i was doing this i noticed that my 1992 gt has sprung a leak...it leaks oil....right between the transmission and engine...is that the rear seals going bad...but here is the twist....i havent put my car on the road yet this summer so it has been sitting for a while...but recently i have been tuning it up so it has been started a lot..the transmission fluid is dissapearing....but i dont know where.i put newspaper under the car....but the oil leak isnt normal...the drops have oil in the middle and are oilly around the oil....but it isnt oil...so i think its the transmission fluid leaking too...ANY IDEAS>>>REAR SEALS????

• Sponsors (?)

RMS and front trans seal? have you actually taken the car out and driven it to get stuff circulated and up to full temp?

good luck.

nope i havent driven it since june 04...RMS????...the drops are blackish brown like oil but that is only the center...it is still oilly around the black spot...so i thought it was tranny fluid

ja1919 said:
how much would a rms and front trans seal cost.???...and i need a new oil pan and pump while the engine is out

Just the parts, you're looking at 10-20$ maybe. Labor, if the engine is out and the pan if off, yank the rear main cap and do it right. 1-2 hours for the RMS, pump and pan.

i think Mike means 1-2 hours if the motor is OUT. LOL. otherwise, it is a bit involved.

is this a stick or auto (sorry if i missed it). if a stick, a new clutch would be a real good idea (factor in that cost).