• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Need a new clutch.

  • Thread starter Thread starter gnats50
  • Start date Start date Aug 7, 2004
G

gnats50

New Member
May 10, 2004
11
0
2
Aug 7, 2004
#1
  • Aug 7, 2004
  • #1
Hi, I have posted here only a couple times mostly because I don't have much free time. Anyways, I need a new clutch and was wondering what to get. I need one that can handle my mods (in sig, I think) and one that is light and easy to push down. My stocker is WAY too stiff. Any suggestions? Thanks.
 

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
20+ Year Stangneter
Jun 14, 2004
9,303
1,648
214
Acworth, GA
Aug 7, 2004
#2
  • Aug 7, 2004
  • #2
I had a King Cobra Heavy Duty. It was a really strong and smooth clutch. It should be fine for what you have. Now I have a SPEC 3, because I have a lot more power than I used too. I would go with the King Cobra HD.

Kurt
 

JJ95GTID

Active Member
Sep 22, 2003
1,141
4
49
Phoenix, AZ
Aug 7, 2004
#3
  • Aug 7, 2004
  • #3
Second vote for the FRPP King Cobra Clutch kit.
 
G

gnats50

New Member
May 10, 2004
11
0
2
Aug 7, 2004
#4
  • Aug 7, 2004
  • #4
Thanks . I accidentally started 2 threads on this like a dumb@$$.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

00 4.6L V8 new clutch won’t go into gear when on?
  • Timboslice
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
179
The Welcome Wagon Aug 21, 2026
Noobz347
Clutch pedal to Quadrant lag
  • Potomus Pete
  • Aug 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
13
Views
348
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
Noobz347
D
Mustang not starting
  • Dawry Ramos
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 Specific Tech
Replies
10
Views
242
2015 - 2023 Specific Tech Saturday at 9:20 AM
Dawry Ramos
D
T
Vibrating clutch pedal
  • t.hite10
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
202
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 11, 2026
squeak93
2003 gt, clutch pedal stiffness.
  • 2003 mustang gt modded
  • Feb 15, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
341
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Apr 17, 2026
2003 mustang gt modded
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?