Need A Third Opinion..

sarmikgar

Aug 8, 2008
Las Vegas
Hey guys, don't post much on here but vist a couple times a month to try to keep up. I am replacing oem intake manifold for the second time on my 03 GT, was about 40k ago I replaced the original, car has ~111k on it now. I ordered a new oem pi manifold, accel coils, bbk fuel rails and a few other things from AM.

I went to install everything the other day and noticed this large gap between the aluminum crossover and the intake manifold. After talking to AM they say its "normal" and that it is not a defective piece. Maybe the thermostat housing bolts help flatten things out when installed?

I hate to tear the car apart to install something that may leak right after, and don't really have the time for the car to be down if it does leak.. just looking for a couple other opinions, would you install this?

intake1.jpg Photo by sarmikgar | Photobucket

intake2.jpg Photo by sarmikgar | Photobucket

• Sponsors (?)

You say its the second time you have replaced the OEM with the aluminum crossover? After my Dorman intake starting leaking, I went all metal, with Performance Products Typhoon and could be happier, its something about those metal to plastic intakes that still crack, even the Ford Racing upper intakes still has issues. You should be good, as far as the intake is concerned. Money Grubbin' cars for the loss.

Reactions: 1 user