Need Answer ASAP - Priming Oil Pump

I am currently trying to prime my oil pump I did it for about a minute and a half and no oil came up by the pushrods yet. I was wondering do you go full speed in reverse with the drill or go slow. Right now I have been at about medium speed since I didnt know which on to do.

Also how long does it take to get oil to the pushrods and rockers?

Also the drill starts getting jerky when doing this...my guess that is it pushing the oil through the pump?

• Sponsors (?)

It may take a few minutes to get oil to the top of the pushrods but you need to verify that you get oil to to the top of the motor before installing the engine. I ran the drill at full speed. I ran into a problem and wasn't getting oil to to the driver side lifters caused by a stopped up oil passage. This is not a problem you want to find after the engine is in the car trust me.

Yeah I just replaced the head gasket but the car has been down for the past few months.

Also should i put oil where the distributor goes?

Right now I have 5 qts in it and and the dipstick reads full, but when I look down the distributor hole there doesnt seem to be any oil

Yes you want to run in reverse....It may take awhile to bleed out your pushrods...Have someone turn the key on as your priming it...your gage should read when it sees pressure...

Hey guys I got it going really easily after i noticed something... The autozone rent a tool stripped on the inside and was just spinning around on the pump... I then just taped a bunch of sockets and extension together and got pressure in a matter of seconds. It took about 30 seconds for it to come out of all the push rods.