Need Duraspark Help ASAP. Please!!!

long story short, guy I work with has an 88 F150 with a 5.0 and duraspark dizzy.

He said it was pingin under load, this guy doesn't know much about wrenching on cars so I said I would bring in my timing light and check his timing.

I get the light on and I can't read the balancer since it's old. So I just decied to retard the timing by turning the dizzy.

So I retard it and he takes it for a drive, says it's better but still pinging a little. I get in there to retard it more and after starting it up it's running like crap so I say shut it down and I'll advance it some.

I go to turn the dizzy clockwise and it won't budge, engine was hot so I said let's just let it cool first.

I come back out and I am able to turn it by grabing a hold of the electronic plug part sticking out of the bottom of the dizzy.

we go to start it and now no spark, won't start. I checked it with the timing light and nothing. I changed coil wires and that didn't help. I also checked for spark at the coil and there was none.

What did I do??? I need to fix this guys truck for him and I have no idea. I checked all the wires and everything is good. I'm thinking it has something to do with the portion of the dizzy that the plug connects into, I may have pulled on it too hard; that's all I can think of..

Please someone point me in the right direction so I can fix this guys truck for him tomorrow

• Sponsors (?)