need help 5.0 or 3.8

• Sponsors (?)

yeah but parts for the 3.8 cost less, but by the time you get all the parts for the 3.8 to equal the 5.0 after a intake, head swap, and somethin else you might end up spending less money. And you get more respect when some one asks you, "what you got under thar?" you can say "v8, 5 liters of american muscle" actually you might wanna quote the C.I. so you sound more american... I would go with teh 5.0, hey it rymes at least

yeah and when this new motor goes out i am either going to build up a 351 carbed motor and drop it in or put my built carbed 302 in if i can find strong enough trannies for them both.

Why do some of you think the 5.0 parts cost more. 4.6 parts are expensive 5.0 parts are cheap as hell. Maybe 3.8 parts are even cheaper I dont know? My brother had a 5.0 and the engine quit on him and she shoved a 427 in it and that thing was extremely fast, he might have spent 3,500 on the full engine. The cheapest way to go fast is to buy a 5.0 with a rolling chasis (no engine or trany) for maybe 2,000 and put a big block engine in and get a beefed up trany. Then you will run mid to low 12's all day long even if your a sucky driver, and spend 10,000 tops.

If you don't have either one yet, then defintiely go 5.0 if you are looking to build it up. The two extra cylinders make quite a bit of difference. I'm only messing around with the V6 because I already had it when I got the mod bug. 5.0 parts are a dime a dozen and that engine repsonds much better to mods than the V6, imo.