Need help finding a Bendix quality brake booster (black finish) not bare cast

MustangLX-5.0

Founding Member
Dec 2, 2000
Lehigh Acres Fla.
I'm trying to find a replacement brake booster (new) not Re-man.Obviously Bendix doesn't make new boosters for the '87-'93 Mustangs.Just re-man.And worse..they are bare cast.Which rusts.I'm not trying to be excessive here...but the original unit was black painted and it was a clean look to the rest of the engine compartment.I have looked all over and all I can seem to find are A1 Cardone and Prior. A1 Cardone sucks as for quality wise.And they seem to be missing a part on the inside of the booster..a small holding spring and lock that keeps the pushrod to master cylinder sturdy and from coming out of the unit.I know some of you out there might just say "Why not just paint it".Well thats a hassle right now with all the work I have going on.All oil has to be removed.Parts have to be covered.Properly primed...etc etc.I'm tight for time and just want to get this out of the way.I allready checked Mustangsunlimited -- Summit Racing...50resto..etc.Any info is appreciated ...

• Sponsors (?)

Paint the stupid thing black and be done with it. Finding NOS OEM parts is getting tough... You may want to look on ebay just for kicks and giggles. You might find what you are looking for.

Yeah..I kind of figured someone would mention painting it.It looks like that's the route I'll have to take.It's a damn shame.You figure it's a factory replacement.Should have some protective coating.Hell,the steering racks I bought had black finish and they are aluminum.Factory isn't painted.Anyway, I was primarily looking for a booster that was as good as a Bendix one.Nothing holds up as good as them.Last thing I need is another booster with a vaccum leak at the pedal because of shoddy workmanship.ANd this is PITA work.......BTW ,what does NOS have to do with brake boosters? I didn't understand that part.Thanks for the replies.