Hey Stangnet!
It's been several years since I've posted anything. Long story short, several hobbies and motorcycles later my oldest son has finally begun showing interest in my 199o LX. I decided to flip my Harley, give him my LX and purchase a 1990 GT so we'll both have projects to build upon (outside of video games, it’s tough to relate to kids sometimes). Anyway, I picked up this GT knowing it has issues as nearly all fox body's do and I'm slowing working through them. It has idle issues presumably because of the exhaust that was placed on it by the dealership to pass the NC inspection. The battery constantly dies so it obviously has a bad ground somewhere in the electrical system. The oil pressure gauge hasn't moved at all, so that needs to be checked. I took is out for a spin earlier and it nearly died on the road. So I pulled over, popped he hood and noticed a minimal amount of oil spraying out from the lower left side of the engine just below the alternator. I gave my mustang Shop Manual to my old neighbor who was also a mustang enthusiast and I'm having trouble I'ding the area or part that may be missing to plug the leak. I've included some photos of the engine bay along with some details about the vehicle below. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
134k original miles, Cobra upper and lower intake, GT 40 heads, E cam, crappy exhaust. God bless and thanks in advance !!
It's been several years since I've posted anything. Long story short, several hobbies and motorcycles later my oldest son has finally begun showing interest in my 199o LX. I decided to flip my Harley, give him my LX and purchase a 1990 GT so we'll both have projects to build upon (outside of video games, it’s tough to relate to kids sometimes). Anyway, I picked up this GT knowing it has issues as nearly all fox body's do and I'm slowing working through them. It has idle issues presumably because of the exhaust that was placed on it by the dealership to pass the NC inspection. The battery constantly dies so it obviously has a bad ground somewhere in the electrical system. The oil pressure gauge hasn't moved at all, so that needs to be checked. I took is out for a spin earlier and it nearly died on the road. So I pulled over, popped he hood and noticed a minimal amount of oil spraying out from the lower left side of the engine just below the alternator. I gave my mustang Shop Manual to my old neighbor who was also a mustang enthusiast and I'm having trouble I'ding the area or part that may be missing to plug the leak. I've included some photos of the engine bay along with some details about the vehicle below. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
134k original miles, Cobra upper and lower intake, GT 40 heads, E cam, crappy exhaust. God bless and thanks in advance !!