Need help with the 5 speed swap...

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
Hi guys, I just finished installing the pedal assembly into my car and I've started the wiring mess. I can't seem to figure out what to do with the wires lol. There are 4 wires on the right of the pedal assembly and some on the left. Then there are the ones coming from the T5...

Anyone got links to sources on what to do with the wires? Thanks a million!

• Sponsors (?)

On the right of the pedal box? Hmm....might be for cruise, but I'm not positive. The clutch neutral safety switch is on the left of the assembly, so that's those - you'll have to cut the plugs loose from the tape holding them to the main harness there. The wires from the T5 need to be color-matched and spliced into the wires on the car, they're for the backup lights. Not hard to do, just make sure you do it right so the connection will hold up.

I'm guessing you've seen Stinger's writeup? http://projecthp.ford23.com/howto.html

Ash

Asha'man said:
On the right of the pedal box? Hmm....might be for cruise, but I'm not positive. The clutch neutral safety switch is on the left of the assembly, so that's those - you'll have to cut the plugs loose from the tape holding them to the main harness there. The wires from the T5 need to be color-matched and spliced into the wires on the car, they're for the backup lights. Not hard to do, just make sure you do it right so the connection will hold up.

I'm guessing you've seen Stinger's writeup? http://projecthp.ford23.com/howto.html

Ash

Brian just did his no to long ago. I wasnt their for the pedal assembly, but everything else is a snap and pretty straight forward.

Just make sure you get the right drive shaft..cough... Brian :rlaugh:

kyle

I guess I should start signing my posts with "Brian" here too now. :p And yeah, get the right driveshaft - thank goodness for a local Stang board and the right people at the right time. :D

Brian