Need help with Turn Signal!

punknjon

Sep 16, 2001
Chesapeake,V.A.
Need help with Turn Signal! (car pics inside)

Ok heres the story, I have a 67 mustang Coupe. It's been off the road for about 6 months now. (was in garage for winter) I originally converted it to a Ca. Special Replica. (sorta) So it now has Cougar Lights. Well the way the tail lights are hooked up When I hit my brakes the lights actually Dim (figured because more amp draw) because there meant for only 2 lights originally so I decide to re wire it so the 2 outer lights stay on (running Lights) and the center of both of them light up for brake and flash! (im happy with this for now) I get everything done and my left brake light stops working for noo reason. So we pull all the neat wire job back apart to look for broken wires or short. Find that Im not getting power from the front, After a few mins we realized that the turn signal was messed up and cutting out the brake lights! Tried to adjust some stuff but couldnt ge it to stay Fixed.

Soooo I guess the simple ? is where can I find a complete new turn signal switch with the wires? (we cut it out below the steering column) I tried looking at all the places Like CA mustang, Virginia Mustang, and a few others. None of them actuall show a good picture ofthe part. I dont know what Im exactly missing now cause some things broke. I bought a new cancel switch and it doesnt seem to work correctly. (falls to the left. or down)

The other ? was could I run a seperate Power wire with a 12 volt relay to energize the brakes and add more Juice? I have a extra power wire back there from a old Amp! Thanks for any help!

Heres a Pic of the Lights and Car!

my_car_5.jpg

JonEdwards.jpg

Attachments

• my_car_5.jpg
    my_car_5.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 68
  • JonEdwards.jpg
    JonEdwards.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the Compliments (however you spell that) Heres some other pics I had! Note that car is 4 inches Lower Now, I need newer Pics!

my_car_8.jpg

My_car_1.jpg

my_car_7.jpg

my_car_2.jpg

Attachments

• my_car_8.jpg
    my_car_8.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 80
  • My_car_1.jpg
    My_car_1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 57
  • my_car_7.jpg
    my_car_7.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 55
  • my_car_2.jpg
    my_car_2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 55
Cool Car!

If you want sequentials, go to my site, and check it out. I did the same rear lights years ago, much better looking then the 68 lights!

As for dim lights and other problems, i wrote an article on that subject in an earlier issue of Hemmings Mustang Guide. I think that story is posted on the site, or I can e-mail it to you. Lots of good info that pertains to your car.

OK Well I have a few updated Pics I took last night. Everything is ready except for the part im waiting for, come on FED EX! (Turn signal switch and harness) Time to hit the strip!

My_CarZ.jpg

MyCarz2.jpg

Mycarz3.jpg

Attachments

• My_CarZ.jpg
    My_CarZ.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Mycarz3.jpg
    Mycarz3.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 56
  • MyCarz2.jpg
    MyCarz2.jpg