Need Saleen 3 piece wing pics.

Js90Lx

Founding Member
Jul 25, 2000
Athens, GA
So I've picked out my hood and front bumper etc. I just can not decide on a rear wing. I do not really like the 1 piece Saleen wing plus so many people have them. I really like the way the 3 piece looks from the back, looks fantastic. I'm just not sold on it from the side. Does anyone have a pic of it with out the car having a Saleen body kit? If so please post up. I am doing a two tone paint job.....was going to go with another color but looks like the best bet is metallic black. Hell post up any rear wing pics I need to make up my mind asap.

• Sponsors (?)

You're right that different is not always better. I think I need to just step away for a minute and come back. I have looked at hundreds of pictures and just can not make up my mind. I love the way the 3 piece looks from the back sooooo much better than the one. Though from the sides the 3 piece looks like garbage and the one piece is just great. No way my car is going wingless .....sorry wingless guys that is just not my style. I may end up with the one piece. I wish there were more options. The steeda would be nice if it was shorter in length. Anyone want to post more pictures of the wing of there choice?

I prefer the 1pc.

small.jpg

Hey V_Eight I've always loved your car! Where in Atl do you reside? Where did you get your Bullitt side scoops from? Are they oem or the aftermarket fiberglass? I think I am going to get those as well. I think they look good with the one piece. I'm running out of money quick lol. Random story......So I am on the way home yesterday from checking out a cobra bumper and friggin big bird decides to come out of nowhere. It decides to bouce himself off my windshield luckily all it took out was my antenna. Excuse to buy a shorty.

if you you want to spend the money... you could have the 3 pc wing blended into the car so you would get the look you are after but it wouldn't look like lego pieces sticking off the side. i feel the same way about the 3 pc, looks great from the back but it just doesn't flow from the other angles.

i was thinking of smoothing in the 1 piece so the entire trunk/wing look like a solid piece

Hey V_Eight I've always loved your car! Where in Atl do you reside? Where did you get your Bullitt side scoops from? Are they oem or the aftermarket fiberglass? I think I am going to get those as well. I think they look good with the one piece. I'm running out of money quick lol. Random story......So I am on the way home yesterday from checking out a cobra bumper and friggin big bird decides to come out of nowhere. It decides to bouce himself off my windshield luckily all it took out was my antenna. Excuse to buy a shorty.

I'm just north of Alpharetta. They're OEM scoops.

Yes I suppose I could mold the 3pc. I'm just not trying to get to crazy with it. I am ordering the one piece and bullit sides today. I heard Haneymotorsports is the place to order the 1 piece?

Well does anyone know of a reputable Saleen parts dealer? I can not get in touch with Haney and Stage 3 is out for a month! Anyone have any experience with ABC Exclusives, Texas Hot Rods? I tried calling Hot Rods as well and they do not like to answer the phone either. Maybe it's just lunch time over there?

Well does anyone know of a reputable Saleen parts dealer? I can not get in touch with Haney and Stage 3 is out for a month! Anyone have any experience with ABC Exclusives, Texas Hot Rods? I tried calling Hot Rods as well and they do not like to answer the phone either. Maybe it's just lunch time over there?

Avoid ABS, and I don't know about THR. I'd wait for Stage3 or Haney.

Well I have got in touch with quite a few other shops. All of them are out for a month or longer. I've checked a ton of classified ads as well. If anyone stumbles upon a S281 one piece for a 01-04 for sale please let me know.