Need some help buying a new GT

o0Dan0o

Founding Member
Feb 8, 2001
I'm looking to buy a mustang in the Austin, San Antonio, Houston or Dallas area (listed according to proximity), and am simply wondering what a good deal is. I'm going to order (since I can't find one around) a 08 alloy metallic with the interior upgrade package and premier package. MSRP with all that and a $750 destination charge is ~$28,900. Any thoughts on what a great deal would be?
Dan

• Sponsors (?)

Excellent color choice! I got X-plan on my car, so a couple hundred below invoice. I've heard you can come close and sometimes beat X-plan negotiating with the dealer, but it wasn't worth the effort to me. There were also no rebates at the time since 08s JUST came out when I bought mine. Shoot for invoice + rebates. You may be able to do a little better.

Excellent color choice! I got X-plan on my car, so a couple hundred below invoice. I've heard you can come close and sometimes beat X-plan negotiating with the dealer, but it wasn't worth the effort to me. There were also no rebates at the time since 08s JUST came out when I bought mine. Shoot for invoice + rebates. You may be able to do a little better.

^^ AGREED..Invoice less the rebates is very reasonable..Tell them uve been shopping already, and You have the other dealers "best " price..And that if they honor the invoice price that you got from them you will settle for their car..Yur not actually settling obviously, its the one you want, dont let them know that..And that they are closer than that "other "dealer for service..Good luck..Oh, at the end of the transaction, tell them u forgot that the "other" dealer was going to simoniz ur car at no cost..:nice:

I used the AAA buying service and with the rebate it was $500 below invoice on a custom ordered 08 GT vert.

Anyone who goes into a dealer blind and spends hours negotiating the old fashioned way is just a masochist... :)

Noo its good stuff..Stops the clearcoat from staining from bird droppings on a hot day, road salt, tree sap. bug guts from the highway.U.V. rays..teflon coating, 1 time application, and then just normal waxing after...

That is wasted money that can be spent on mods. I have proof as my car is nearing 1 1/2 years old with 39K miles so I do drive it and it sits out(under trees)in the elements year round. It's a darker colored car which will show more "uglies" yet I have nothing but a few tiny scuffs, a few chips and a few dings from acorns on the hood. If you keep your car clean and waxed/sealed properly, your paint's finish will look good for years.

IMG_0564-resize.jpg

IMG_0557-resize.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0564-resize.jpg
    IMG_0564-resize.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0557-resize.jpg
    IMG_0557-resize.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 33
If ur anything like me, ur car is probably never dirty..But the average joe isnt nearly as anal as we are w/ our cars.Simo does work more so with people that leave sap and bird **** on their cars for more than a day or 2...Ive had a lot of family members buy their cars/trucks from me and i always do it for them for free..not to mention simo gives u a 5 year warranty on the paint if something happens to it ...:nice:

Ok, so a little update and a question. I ordered a 08 GT premium, alloy metallic with the IUP, premier package and spoiler delete. Ordered it about a month ago, so it should be here soon.

My question is, for those who ordered you mustang when did you get a build date and expected delivery date?
Dan

Sorry, I mean, when did the dealer inform you of the build date and expected delivery date, relative to the actual delivery? I'm on week 5, so I'm hoping in the next few weeks.
Dan

LOL,

A) the Bullitt won't be worth that much more
B) neither the Bullitt nor the CS had the options I want (nor the Shelby)
C) its already a done deal

I understand... I mean we don't buy our Mustangs for resale value (at least I don't)... we buy them to drive. But I disagree. A Bullitt will be worth more than your GT in the future, there's no doubt about it.

Out of curiosity, what options were you looking for... and assumed you got?

Interior upgrade and premier package and alloy metallic, neither the premier pkg or the color was an option for the Bullitt, and the premier isn't available with the CS I don't think.

I should have been more clear, I don't plan on selling it for 5-6 years, at which point it will be worth about 10k at most? So the bullitt option will get me at most around 3k more than the regular gt, which is the price of the package.
Dan

LOL,

A) the Bullitt won't be worth that much more
B) neither the Bullitt nor the CS had the options I want (nor the Shelby)
C) its already a done deal

I'd have to say I agree.. For the buy in cost, it's not bad if your a guy that buys, tints and puts gas in, I mean both are nice looking packages. Or needs to roll in some option available from the dealer to your monthly payment (Shelby GT with say a FRP blower, the installed FRP suspension kit that comes with the Shelby.. not a bad plan really, but ya pay for it one way or the other)

If your a builder (yourself or you have shops do the work) and your not looking for a name ... The special addition GT's are not worth the cost IMHO.. GT500?? sure, price the motor and tranny as add ons,, you'll see the price point on a GT at even MSRP is not bad at all.

As another posted said,, i buy um to drive um,, 39,00 miles on my '05 and I was in Iraq for 15 of those months... So I bought a GT with every option I wanted, in the best color for me,, and have been modding it as time and $$ allow.

o0Dan0o I see your area choices, are close to me ,,, You at Hood? If so,,, I'll see ya around... I drive a Windville Blue, GT... No not the one that looks like it drove though a glue factory and a JCWhitney catalog....:eek: It's the other one.:D

o0Dan0o I see your area choices, are close to me ,,, You at Hood? If so,,, I'll see ya around... I drive a Windville Blue, GT... No not the one that looks like it drove though a glue factory and a JCWhitney catalog....:eek: It's the other one.:D

Unfortunately no, I'm down in San Marcos, be here for another 6 months or so. After that it's where the wind blows me, so to speak.
Dan