Need some help with my smoked headlights! Pic enclosed

Chowder Head

Dec 30, 2003
Tampa, FL
Hey guys. I recently had my car painted and while it was painted, I asked if the guy painting it could toss on the new smoked headlights from BOI I bought, since the stockers were coming off anyway.

So I get my car back and the smoked headlights really look great. I'm really impressed. But there's two things that are stopping me from fully loving them and would appreciate any advice I could get from you guys. Thanks in advance!

1. I noticed the driver side headlight is a bit off center from the side marker. The passenger side is better, but the drivers side is the most mis-aligned. I looked at the headlight and to be honest, I have no idea how to take it off, let alone re-align it. Of course I see the plastic screws on both sides that need to be removed in order to access the headlights but I have no idea how to take them off and align them better.

2. Lastly, how do you adjust these headlights? Looking at the stockers that I have in front of me right now I notice three metal circle pieces with plastic pieces that can be tightened or loosened but I don't know what they do. And I don't know how I'm supposed to adjust them while their installed.

Any replies from you guys, any at all, would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Here's the visual:
P1000147.jpg

Thanks again!

• Sponsors (?)

I used my adjusters from my old lights and swapped them on so I could use a ratchet or very small wrench. The Boi light aren't easily adjustable due too hex head on two of the adjusters, but inorder to adjust them you need to remove them turn the black piece that clips to the header panel and pop it back in and redo until they align.

Maybe the top clip isn't in all the way try lightly pulling on the top part of the light to see. if it move try and snap it back into the hole.

I hope this help. :nice:

Sounds like I got some work in for me, ha.

Just one last question before I dive into this. How do I safety remove these headlights? I'm thinking just unhook the light connector and simply start pulling outwards. Does this seem right? Or is there something else I need to disengage before they can come out?

Thanks again for the help fellas, it's appreciated!

I took the corners out first.. That way you can get to the mounting stud/thing on the outside easier.. Then you just pry down on the plastic lock tabs that are on the studs and pull...