Need your opinion on this : Turbo(s) on 03-04 Cobras

What do you think about swapping out the blower for a Turbo(s) on the 03-04 Cobras

• Total voters
I agree with someone that said that the 03-04 Cobras were the largest production Cobra ever. Its very true. Although... Up here in Ottawa (Canada), its not like I'm seeing one every other day during the summer. They're fairly rare up here and when I'm seeing one I'm just :drool:

I just love them. They're very special to me somehow and with something else than the supercharger on there (..turbo), it just basicly kills my interest.

• Sponsors (?)

I think it'd be cool to have 50-100 more HP for the same boost...no more pullies and belts and idlers.....just turn the knob , add octane and go...I would not hesitate to turbocharge a Terminator. A turbo would turn it into a T2000 :) Easier on the engine too.

When you get extreme

Supercharger is usually better for AutoX
Turbocharger is usually better for Drag

We all know the 4000lb Cobra ain't no autox'er

Superchargers are way cool, and I would rock the supercharger if I had a cobra, but for all out speed even with a 6-700whp SC'd cobra, deep down I would know that a turbo would trump.

How bad are turbos for Auto Xing? They cant suck that bad, think of the Ferrari F40-what a beast.
It depends on your supercharger/turbo set up.
You could go Whipple and have killer off the line power, centrifical and bad ass top end, a single big turbo with a huge top end and more control on the boost level, or you could go with a TT with either same sized turbos or one small and one large turbo and have the best of both worlds with no drag on your engine (besides the heat).

I dont know why anyone would rather go with a 2v over a 4v engine. I know I know I have one too guys but they can just move more air, more fuel they have a coil over each cylinder and ultimatly they have the most potential to make more power.

We all know that the short block and cylinder head design is geared towards boost. Isnt boost boost? Why would anyone object to making it easier even if its restricted to the same level?

I really am interested in my auto x question. Yeah I know the lag would make things hard to make power comming off the corner and a whipple charger would be a better fit. But what about things averaged through out the race track. How much do you guys with turbo set ups have to worry about raising EGT's? What about if you were auto xing? Is the lag that bad?

I am looking to do both auto x and a turbo set up on my car but if its not worth it then let me know and let me know why. I still have my little 2v 302 and I love the thing.
-fawcett