never ending clutch problems

slow93

May 3, 2005
well i finally got the clutch to work right....and then...it started getting hard to push again so i thought,well the cable needs to be adjusted.i got under the car and adjusted to cable and it didnt make any difference at all...still hard as h***to push.when i was under there i had a friend pust the clutch and when he did it looked like it was pushin the flywheel,motor and all foward.when it does this it makes an awful creekin sound inside the bellhousing.does this sound like a prob with the bearing retainer or pressure plate or what? :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: thanks for any replies

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like either bent fingers on the pressure plate or a serious problem with the throw out bearing on the retainer. Are you running a steel retainer? Also, what do you mean the engine is being pushed forward when the clutch is pushed?? If this is the case then sounds like the bellhousing isn't properly connected to the motor.

WHere is your point of engagement? And how much freeplay (or preload) do you have on the cable?

Good luck.

well i just yanked the tranny out.i had a bad bearing retainer,to bearing,clutch disk was burnt, and there are hot spots on the pressure plate and flywheel...i really dont think anything else couldve been F'ed up....oh well any suggestions on a good cluch setup??

slow93 said:
well i just yanked the tranny out.i had a bad bearing retainer,to bearing,clutch disk was burnt, and there are hot spots on the pressure plate and flywheel...i really dont think anything else couldve been F'ed up....oh well any suggestions on a good cluch setup??

Time for a new clutch and flywheel as well as berring retainer. How is the clutch fork? Be sure it is in good shape and not bending. What are your goals with the car? I have the specIII cluth, grabbs real hard, maby a stage II would better for a street car.