New Bowling HIGH SCORE....247!!!

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
That's right folks!! Took my girls for the LAST bowling day of the summer. I was kinda bumbed because my first 2 games only totaled 310, and I have a 180 average. The only thing I regret is not taking a photo of the score board. Had 6 strikes in a row which is also my new peronal best. I RE-drew the score sheet:

If you cant read bowling scores, sorry.

Although you would have to do this consistantly to be a pro, there ARE several times when a PBA million dollar tournament winner may bowl less than that and win. Therefore, I can say That I hit "PRO LEVEL" at something!! :lol:

Thanks
RC

Attachments

• Bowling Score.jpg
    Bowling Score.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Sponsors (?)

it's been so long since i've been bowling.hearing how much fun you had make's me feel like bowling this month,but i know i'll get nowhere near that score.

good job:nice:

THANK you.

rc's last bowling thread i posted that i bowled somewhere around there, and he was telling me about how his daughters scores, and that made me :Zip2: haha.

i bowled tonight, just one quick game, did like 93. or something similar.

My 11 year old bold that in her last game, with a double gutter in the 10th.

My 12 YO bowled a 111.

RC

Good job, my highest is like a 227 or something close :cheers:

My Highest WAS 223 back in like 1983, when I took it as a PE credit in Jr. College. I had several 200+ games this summer, and even one where I started with 5 strikes in a row, but only pulled a 212 as I left 2 of the last 5 frames open.

I got a new ball 2 years ago, but took that summer to get used to it (only bowl about once a week for 8 weeks in summer). Last Summer I was careful because of the back surgery. I only roll it about 12.5-13 mph, but should be 15-16 mph. I use a heavier ball (15) and roll slower to have better control, but 12.5 is still not fast enough to get good pin action. The last game yesterday I Tried purposefully to throw harder. I was getting more in the 13.5 mph range, and when the ball hit the pocket, you could see the difference. One of the 6 strikes in a row in that game was one where it looked like one pin was left, and all of a sudden one rolled out of nowhere and knocked it down.

My avergage is about 180 right now, which to me is really good considering IM only bowling once a week in the summer. If you can bowl more often, you are able to experience more varieties of lane conditions and learn how to adjust.

Thanks
RC

wow ... congrats. you must be stoked. do you bowl in a league?

i used to bowl in a duckpin league way back in the 70s when i was a teenager ... we were doing well if we got over 100 on those. duckpin lanes are all gone in my area now ... only 10 pin lanes now, and those are dwindling in my area too.

wow ... congrats. you must be stoked. do you bowl in a league?

i used to bowl in a duckpin league way back in the 70s when i was a teenager ... we were doing well if we got over 100 on those. duckpin lanes are all gone in my area now ... only 10 pin lanes now, and those are dwindling in my area too.

No league.
3 years ago I started taking my girls every week in the summer. Before that it was over 20 yrs since I bowled.

2 years ago I upgraded the bowling ball. The guy in the pro shop :rlaugh: at my current one. The technology is so amazing now with these things. Last year I bowled sparsely because of my back but I did notice a big difference with the new ball. This year I just spent time getting adjusted to the ball feel. and I had 3 other weeks with at least ONE 200 game.

RC

Bowling is fun when you get a bunch of friends together. :nice:

I always have to grab the heavier ball (16 lbs IIRC), so my fingers will fit in the holes.

The last time I went was about a month back. I need to go again. A couple friends of mine do the whole league thing and they like showing me up.

haha, my biggest problem is consistency. i'll have a couple good ones in a row, then ill get over confident, and forget what i was doing before, and just suck.

i bowled a 300 after i figured out how to rig the comp at the bowling alley. they have to put your last name up there if you bowl a 300. they would run out of letters if they had to put mine up.