Engine New electrical issues

So I fixed 98% of my issues with a used ford MAF sensor .All my idle issues and intake knocking are gone as well as stinky exhaust .The only thing now I have is I can’t pull codes ,paper clip or OBD1 scanner .I followed the directions on here to a tee and nothing .So my main question now is ,is there a place in the harness where wiring rubs or is defective that causes this ? The écu has been swapped so it isn’t a cpu problem the original one is back in and all issues are gone .I did get a chk engine light with the old ford MAF but the car ran mint (never ran this good ever ).Id like to fix the chk engine and have finally a running fix body with no issues .

• Sponsors (?)

I would pull the ecm and check it for burnt traces and/or bloated/corroded diodes.
All computer grounds good?
So I could t run the codes the paper clip way but I did manager thanks to a post on here try another way and it worked .I grounded the Sti wire to the battery and dumped the codes that way .Got 11,33,41 .With that said is there an issue with the wire that comes from the cpu you think? Other than that with my new ford MAF sensor car runs great