New Fox Owner

89PonyExpress

Oct 18, 2011
NC
Hi all, I recently purchased an 89 LX hatchback for $4000.

Shes a clean car Original 5.0 car, 5 speed. The interior is in great shape, besides the normal wear in the drivers seat.

A few mods to the car include...

Tremac(sp?) 5 speed
Sub-frame connecters (bolted on.)
King Cobra clutch
3.73 rear axle.

The engine is bored .030 (I believe making it a 306?)
I have a list of mods, I am just pressed for time to post all of it at the moment.

I've always been a GM man, so the Mustang as a whole is a new thing to me but I've always loved the look of the foxbody, and now I finally own one.

Been browsing the forums, and found some quite useful threads so far hope to find a new group of friends here that will help me keep the car as in good of condition as it is at the present.

I'll be posting pics of it, when I can get around to snapping a few in daylight. 3rd shift bites.:rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats. I am also a GM man. I was outside of Asheville, NC in 2003 and went to buy my camaro 3 hours too late so I went to another dealer where I was eying my 86. I bought it and never looked back. Had a camaro last year that I built on for 4 years. We had a baby and something had to go and the 700r4 with the lo3 was just not as fun. Miss it but thats life. This is the best Stang site imop so your in good hands.

Lets see some pictures of the beast! I too am a GM man... I am still an F-body guy at heart, but I feel it is hard to top building a Mustang. Light and a strong rearend to hard to beat compared to my 3rd gen.

Still building my Formula though, I have too much money wrapped up in it to stop now... Ill never be able to sell it, too much sentimental value being my dad and I built it. + F bodies handling is pretty awesome.

Pardon these pictures...lol :D

These were taken the night I brought it home. I'd be more than happy to take a few more pics of it but it's been raining cats and dogs outside all day.

I'll grab a few pics of it once I get it rebadged. (For those of you that have read my thread in the Fox Talk forum.)

The engine isn't much to look at, but it doesn't effect the way it runs.:D

I've since given that dingy K&N a bath, as well as the carpet inside, it's had a wash/wax since then as well.

SANY0157.jpg

SANY0155.jpg

SANY0154.jpg

SANY0152.jpg

SANY0151.jpg