• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

New Fox!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter darkfader
  • Start date Start date Oct 6, 2017

darkfader

5 Year Member
Feb 16, 2017
249
342
83
Davis, WV
Oct 6, 2017
#1
  • Oct 6, 2017
  • #1
hi all!

Just found this 93 GT a week or so ago and couldn’t pass it up. I'm the third owner, 5 speed, original paint, no rust underneath, and bone stock except for exhaust and cold air intake. Even the quarter window mouldings are in good shape. Before this car, I had an 87 GT and an 88 GT.

It does need some tlc. Looks like a slow front main seal leak, as well as a leak from the passenger side boot on the steering rack. There’s a few minor dings in the body as well as chipped paint on the hood. I’m currently in the middle of compounding the paint and it’s cleaning up pretty well, but will probably send it to a body shop for new paint anyway. Looks like something was hit in the front down low because the fog light brackets are bent causing the bumper cover to sit a little funny and unfortunately, the bottom of the core support is a little dinged up. I’m hoping I can massage it back into shape rather than replace. I plan on spending the winter going through the entire car and freshening everything up. It feels like it runs great now, but I’d still like to go through the engine anyway and make everything new again.

I'll be making a progress thread to document everything I do to it. Pics as it sits now:


 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,048
10,672
213
polk county florida
Oct 6, 2017
#2
  • Oct 6, 2017
  • #2
Thats a good looker there. Go to the fox section and tell us what your plans are and start that thread, I'll see ya there, and welcome to stangnet.
 
Reactions: darkfader

DSG_Mach

Active Member
Jul 23, 2016
115
16
38
Oct 6, 2017
#3
  • Oct 6, 2017
  • #3
I want to own a Fox some day yours looks great as is! Problem is everyone thinks a worn out one is worth big money..
 
Reactions: darkfader
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
134
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
New gal in San Diego
  • Mustang Momma
  • Feb 11, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
243
The Welcome Wagon Feb 11, 2026
Mcmahst
T
Hi
  • timotto
  • Dec 14, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
169
The Welcome Wagon Dec 14, 2025
91AOD5.0LX
Suspension Is somethig Wrong Here?
  • Icemanxxxv
  • Jul 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
179
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 11, 2026
AeroCoupe
J
New to Mustangs/Fords
  • Joradan93Foxbody
  • Mar 2, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
172
The Welcome Wagon Mar 2, 2026
Joradan93Foxbody
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?