New guy just saying hello!

slickman

Mar 26, 2006
Fishkill NY
Just want to say hi, joined some time ago and this is my first post. Also just got done with a brand new 289 build with an AOD.

new289.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

welcome

Welcome, no time like now to start answering questions. What color is your car and what did you do to your 289. what cam, headers, ignition carb, ported no ported? About time for a freshen up mine so Im interested in sbf builds.

Actually, I kinda like the rims... To my "old guy eyes", they look more like polished aloooominum than chrome; which (again, to me) goes better on the light color - shiny chrome belongs on a darker car.

And, -showing my age again- like the vinyl roof. Takes guts, by today's aesthetic standards, to put one on; but it looks really good in white against the blue. Black might look better; but Gawd, not in the summer heat!

Now, to really welcome you, you must talk like a pirate while drying your cat in the delicate cycle, then crash your car in turn 9 at the Glen, and make in an Elenwh***, while asking for dating advice about an expectant mother of twin monkeys. Just an average day here!

Welcome to the fun!

chepsk8 said:
Now, to really welcome you, you must talk like a pirate while drying your cat in the delicate cycle, then crash your car in turn 9 at the Glen, and make in an Elenwh***, while asking for dating advice about an expectant mother of twin monkeys. Just an average day here!

Welcome to the fun!

Darn right, cant think of a better way to kill time at work. Welcome :nice:

Thanks everyone!!

The color is I beleve is 67 Brittney Blue. The engine has the following;

New built up 289 with KB 9.3:1 Compression pistons, Comp Cam's XE262H (493 / 500 lift with 268 duration) with lifters and push-rods, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, Crane Roller Rockers, Edelbrock 650, high volume oil pump, high volume water pump, high volume fuel pump, MSD Dizzy and wires, Chromed 7 qt oil pan, Ford Racing Chromed Cast alum valve covers, Fluidyne 3 row Aluminum Radiator all attached up to a new Ford AOD...........

Sharps-Nut said:
Welcome, no time like now to start answering questions. What color is your car and what did you do to your 289. what cam, headers, ignition carb, ported no ported? About time for a freshen up mine so Im interested in sbf builds.