New Injectors / Why the hell

Well, I just got done replacing my fuel injectors and my ECT. Now, I finally get a temperature reading!!! YAY!!! It runs at about two notches above 130, is that normal? Now, for the "why the hell" The breather hose that runs from the valve cover to the intake is a part of the PCV system correct? I recently replaced my PCV valve. When tearing down my intake to swap the injectors, I noticed that that hose, and my intake, where full of oil. Any reason that might happen? And, will it be okay if I plug off the intake port and put a breather filter on the cover? I think I saw that on someone else's motor. But now I can finally say that I should no longer be running rich and burning a$$ loads of fuel. If there is still a richness problem, it would be caused by the TPS. So I will try to obtain a voltimeter so I can set it back to normal. It's 1 volt right?

• Sponsors (?)

2.3Lxhatch311 said:
When tearing down my intake to swap the injectors, I noticed that that hose, and my intake, where full of oil. Any reason that might happen?

You do know what PCV stands for, right? Positive Crankcase Ventilation? The whole purpose of the PCV system is to recycle oil vapors from the crankcase back into the intake for emissions reasons. And yes, it makes the inside of the intake really nasty, that's why I'm eliminating the whole PCV system on my new engine. Oh yeah, and you can cap off the fitting on the intake and just put a breather on the oil separator and all that junk.

You were probably getting more oil in the intake than usual due to a bad PCV. I would be very careful in how you eliminate the PCV system. There must be a way for crankcase pressure to vent. In my opinion if the $5 PCV is bad then you replace the PCV, and don't scrap the entire PCV system. As long as you have a good PCV and the baffle inside the valve cover is intact, you should be ok.

Yes, as stated, I just replaced my pcv valve last week. And yes, I do know that the Positive Crankcase Ventilation system is designed to remove blow by gasses and relieve pressure from the crank case. But I don't think that any actual oil should be getting in the intake with the system functioning normally. I figured they're wouldn't be any problems from capping it off and filterating it, just wanted to make sure noone else did that and had their engine impload or anything. Thanks for the input guys, I'll have it fixed tomorrow :nice:

that sounds pretty efficient. Didn't smog pump's used to handle this? (and rob horse power) I'm just trying to figure out why oil would be coming through there with a proper PCV. That oil is coming from the valve cover. Wouldn't that indicate an excessive amount of crankcase pressure? Or too much manifold vacuum pressure. Either way, the key reason for me changing the injectors has been acomplished, being to increase my gas milage. But I think it's still running a bit rich. And it still misses intermittently on #1 at idle. I'm guessing DIS module as the next solution for that one. I thought that the injector for that cylinder might have been the worst one (indeed it was cracked at the tip) and was fouling the plug so it wouldn't spark, but since it still does it, I guess there's another cause.

2.3Lxhatch311 said:
that sounds pretty efficient. Didn't smog pump's used to handle this? (and rob horse power) I'm just trying to figure out why oil would be coming through there with a proper PCV. That oil is coming from the valve cover. Wouldn't that indicate an excessive amount of crankcase pressure? Or too much manifold vacuum pressure. Either way, the key reason for me changing the injectors has been acomplished, being to increase my gas milage. But I think it's still running a bit rich. And it still misses intermittently on #1 at idle. I'm guessing DIS module as the next solution for that one. I thought that the injector for that cylinder might have been the worst one (indeed it was cracked at the tip) and was fouling the plug so it wouldn't spark, but since it still does it, I guess there's another cause.
If the problem persists I would double check the PCV, then start to think about doing a leak down test to check for blowby.

I don't know if 4cyls are the same way but the v8's also have a screen below the pcv valve, if so and its the original one then it is probably the culprit. I put a oil seperator on b/c of the same problem but once I replaced the screen, I havn't collected enough oil to even dump the seperator

I have a better problem now. Since I installed the new injectors, my engine will no longer tac out. When it reaches 5.5 Grand it acts like it hits a rev limiter. But it didn't do that before these new GP Sorensons. Did I get **** fuel injectors? My old ones where leaky, but at least they let me tac it out. Does this mean I require a higher weight than the stock ones? Plus, my gas milage still didn't improve. What the hell else could be causing me to run rich? There's no code for the O2, could it still be bad?