new intake installed on 2000 gt, now terrible hesitation

ponykicker

Aug 15, 2008
So I just finished installing a new intake on the pony and I am experiencing major hesitation in the motor. I pulled the codes and Cylinder's 4,5,& 6 are all misfiring. anyone out there have an idea of what to test to solve this problem. Thanks in advance to all keep the pony alive, & to anyone who can help me out with this problem.

• Sponsors (?)

This was done going from side to side starting from the back. no vac leaks, injectors are good and o rings where replaced. Fuel rail is tight but the injectors seem a touch loose from the intake manifold, however the screws have the fuel rail completely secure on down as far as is allowed.

Some coolant probaly leaked into the plug wells either during the install, or they are leaking after the install.

Pull the coil packs out on those cylinders, see if they are wet/damp. Also stick a shop towel, paper towel, something down there in the plug wells to see if you can sop up some coolant.

I have to agree with BurningRubber. You more than likely have coolant in the spark plug holes, and need to clean it out. What I actually use, is my cleaning kit for my ar-15. it is great for soaking up any liquid in the holes around the spark plug.