• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

New Owner 05 Saleen s281 #365

  • Thread starter Thread starter fireman41
  • Start date Start date Jul 19, 2010
F

fireman41

New Member
Jul 19, 2010
1
0
0
Jul 19, 2010
#1
  • Jul 19, 2010
  • #1
Good day to you all and let me say how happy I am to have bought my Saleen. I have always wanted one but could never afford it. I got a great deal on this one but I have some concerns.

The saleen has 61k miles on it (a bit high for my taste but its in great condition), the gas gauge is not working (the dealship is going to fix this) and the passenger door upholstry is peeling off (dealer to fix this aswell)..

I guess my real concern is, am I going to be looking at alot of problems with this car in the near future? It had only one owner and it ws his daily driver but I am still concerned. Does anyone know the issues with this model? Its not SC or E it is in great shape.

I love it already and am hoping for a a perfect running ride. Thanks for listening to me being nuerotic...I am normally not this way but....maybe you all get the point.

If you need any info I will give it. I know this is a general question but I am looking for some general answers so I can start to collect info..

What is really coems down to is reliability. I have been am f150 owner for years and jst wanted a stang. FOrd has never let me down. Maybe this is buyers remorse...hmm dont know..I jst dnt want to get stuck in a money pit.

Thanks,
Fireman
 

1968stang

Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
2,062
13
69
North Carolina
Jul 19, 2010
#2
  • Jul 19, 2010
  • #2
to stangnet!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
S302 Saleen supercharger help
  • sschoup
  • Nov 19, 2025
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
2
Views
431
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Nov 19, 2025
sschoup
S
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
446
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
Z
Progress Thread zeth194 - New Guy on the Block
  • zeth194
  • Mar 19, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
689
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 26, 2026
LILCBRA
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
351
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
SOLD BringaTrailer - 1993 SVT Cobra - Original Owner - 4,737 miles
  • mach1
  • Jun 12, 2025
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
1
Views
787
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Jun 17, 2025
mach1
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?