New Pennsylvania Member Here

cpaharley2008

May 3, 2016
Owned a 1966 Mustang and now, 50 years later bought new 2016 GT with track package.

Attachments

• IMG_0419.jpg
    IMG_0419.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm new to the track package, not sure if I turn off the traction control, anyone have an opinion? Also my dealer refuses to install any after market changes, says it voids the warranty?

Welcome! Nice ride. Traction control is up to you. I don't own an S550 so I don't know if it's any different than the S197. If you want to try it out, just find a stretch of open road, turn it off and see how different the car feels. In general, I used to turn it off for situations where I wanted to allow for wheel spin without bogging down. Most aftermarket parts and tunes for the engine will void the warranty. Things like axle backs, wheels, and some suspension work shouldn't but I am not an expert on the latest warranties. I have only heard of one dealership in my area that installs aftermarket stuff, and even then it has to be Ford branded products. It would be very hard to find one that does. Your best best is to find the nearest reputable shop with experience on the S550 and use them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If you have the Premium then you can turn TC off with the toggle switch. With TC off you cannot use LC (Launch Control) because LC uses TC to help it. You can also switch modes between Normal, Sport+, and Track. And in each of those modes you can turn off TC or leave it on and use LC. If you lift up on the drive mode selector toggle for like 5-7 seconds it'll disable the Advance Trac system which will turn off the TC automatically. If you are in that mode and try to turn TC back on it will turn the Advance Trac system back on.

If you have the non-Premium Package GT then you press the TC button once to turn it off. Pressing it twice in a row will turn on Sport mode. Pressing it and holding it down for 5-7 seconds turns off the Advance Trac system. In this mode TC is disabled. Once Advance Trac is disabled you just press the TC button again and it'll turn back on. Note that it is Sport mode and not Sport+ mode like the Premiums have. Also there is no Track mode in the non-Premiums.

As far as modifications and dealerships, some are more tight than others. The dealership I went to is allowing me to do a canned tune or a dyno tune, a cai, and an exhaust. They said they'll honor the warranty as long as I don't do forced induction, nitrous, or anything that deletes the cats. That came right from the manager of the dealership. They even took money off the price of the car and told me to go to a specific shop to have the mods done. And then they called the shop to tell them to expect me. I told them I wasn't doing any mods yet because at the time the car had only 619 miles and I just wanna enjoy it as it is. Plus I feel like it is def fast enough that I can enjoy it bone stock for a while. And this is the first car I've had that hasn't been modded within 4 weeks of owning it. Right now it has 1300 miles and I'll start modding it soon.

But not all dealerships are that friendly about modifications. I've seen some dealerships actually have a performance center and shop right on premises and they will honor any work that is done at the center. Some work closely with specific shops. Some don't allow it at all. Before you agreed to buy the car you could have asked them what their stance on it was. And you could have bargained with them or taken your business to a different dealership who will allow it. But it is too late for that. So I would recommend just doing mods that can be removed for now. And I'd say wait about 1-2 years and about 10,000-15,000 miles before doing anything serious.