New third member needed

blandq

Founding Member
Jun 10, 2002
Houston Texas
Its been awhile!

I was running next to vette and through it first, foot to the floor and a second later was launched into opposing traffic...auburn posi broke and 100% torque went to my left rear. No accidents but scary to say the least. I run 275/50 Nittos in the back, that day at about 18 psi...they were sticky!

So I'm finally going for the 9"; Moser, Strange, Currie, Johns Industries are contenders for the build.
3.89 gears, Eaton trutrac, nodular case, 31 splines. No IR for me...I just dont see the payback on the street.

Any recommendations?

As well I have my original 8" rear housing, axle assembly for sale. 3.80 gears...auburn unit broke but the housing is the original from May of '64. My car is a 64.5 coupe.

Have a great day!

• Sponsors (?)

moser, strange, and currie have been the industry standards for longer than i can remember. we used strange engineering components on the race car i crewed on in the late 70s. it sounds to me though like you had the wrong differential to me though, for that you want it sounds like you might be better off with the detroit locker diff.