New times, but sad day....

1988WHTGT

Mar 31, 2005
Guyton, GA
Went to Braggin Rights in South Carolina today. Had debated on going but woke up this morning and all the rain was gone so I said what the hell. First pass of the day:

60': 1.71
1/8: 8.10@85
1/4: 12.68@105

Track was really sticky. Second pass:

60': 1.71
1/8: 11.92@38
1/4: 25.39@29

Broke my tranny :notnice: Second gear is completely gone and tranny sounds like its full of marbles. Should I just rebuild this one since I have no money or wait and try to get a tremec? I dunno what to do. Good day, but really bad cuz this is my only car. :owned:

• Sponsors (?)

I would say since it's your only car, you better get the tranny fixed ASAP. Maybe you could pick up one cheap out of the junk yard somewhere just to get it going again. :shrug:
You should probably save up for either a Gforce kit or a Tremec while you have something cheap in place of your busted tranny.

What about getting the Ford Racing 94 Piece Rebuild kit? I have a friend that builds transmissions that could put it together for me. I think I should just go that route until I have some money. I have 2 semesters of school left. Do they make a T-5Z rebuild kit or should I just stick with the $200 Ford Racing Kit?

1988WHTGT said:
What about getting the Ford Racing 94 Piece Rebuild kit? I have a friend that builds transmissions that could put it together for me. I think I should just go that route until I have some money. I have 2 semesters of school left. Do they make a T-5Z rebuild kit or should I just stick with the $200 Ford Racing Kit?
If you wanna go that route, just buy the rebuild kit and rebuild it. Just don't beat the hell out of the tranny while your saving up for something stronger. :D
That's what I would do, at least.