New to the 4.6

DrK MrK iV

Jan 11, 2004
Charlotte
Hey guys, last Saturday night seemed to be a good night for me. I purchased a black 2004 GT. 5spd at that. Im very excited about this, because this is my first 'new' car. I used to own a dsm, but it kept having too many problems and killing my wallet, so I decided to go with a Mustang. I am deffinatly going to do some mods for it, but right now my main focus will probably be suspension and breaking. Can anyone point me in the right direction? In terms of researching goes anyway. I don't know too much about suspension, but a fair amount about gears, engine, ect. I appriciate any help that you guys might offer me, and I am glad I found this site. Hopefully I'll learn enough where I can start giving out advice as well.

• Sponsors (?)

Yea yea. Im working on searching (so many things). Just kind of confused about it since there are so many things out there. I am trying to learn how to really drive. As in taking a corner right, when the right times to shift ect. Thanks for the advice.

i kinda had the same problem when i first got into modding (very recently)..and what i did was pick 1 thing to focus on at a time..i used the search function and posted a few threads about the particular thing and when i was done with it, i moved one...it helped me keep things sorted out in my head :)

Go look at everything Steeda has if you want a car to handle. I drove a car that had all their stuff-springs, tubular K, etc. Damn thing handled turns flat and gripped the whole way through.

It was like being beat with a stick. It had the huge brakes on it, and it stopped like a race car. The ride was rock hard and punishing. I think a good set of struts/shocks, springs, and a bumpsteer kit make these cars handle pretty well. And not to rough. Better tires don't hurt either. The Gatorback ZR45's are like 1980's technology. There are much better tires out there.