New To The Ford Life

D-rock

Sep 9, 2012
Hey guys,
My name is Derrick I just recently bought a 95 cobra. My buddy is a and was brought up as a 5.0 guy. I my self have been an import guy. I have a deep appreciation for cars so I'm not bias to any car, I feel every car has advantages and disavantages.

I love Autocross and Drifting, and most other autosports but NASCAR. Something about watching car do circles for 5hrs doesn't sit well with me. Drifting is what I do and have been doing it for over 5yrs. Still not the best and don't think I will be but love the feeling of the fine line of drifting. The seen is dominated by 240sx and yes I had my fair share like four or five them.

My drift car now is an 1989 BMW 325i aka E30
Please Don't Judge, but here it is. I know very little of the 5.0s. My buddy suggested the 5.0 into the e30.
It was going to do a BMW 330i engine then my friend suggested the 5.0 they are about the same cost. So here I am dearing to be that guy and with the help of my buddy we are doing it BIG btw you can't DENY that 5.0 v8 sound!
I'm in love!

We found a guy selling a wrecked cobra, the car has all the work done at Powered by Ford. In looking it over and some talks I managed to get the car. I was really after the engine and tranny, but the deal was for the whole car out of the garage.
All parts are there except the front fenders,hood, bumper and stuff like that. Wheels back it's all there.
Thought about rebuilding it..... Just not that into it. Sticking to the plan

So the parts we are able to see are besides engine and tranny:

Vortech v2 supercharger w all components
MSD 6L and Distributor
SVO aluminum heads don't know if they are the 303x or y yet
Borla SVO side exit exhaust with SVO skirts.
And all the cobra stuff from factory.

So that's my story, so thanks for all the information I'm goin to gain.
Looking forward to talking with you all, after all I'm going to have lots of questions.

If you guys would be cool with it I'll post up the project as we go long is mustang related.

• Sponsors (?)